Delhi Gang-Rape Victim’s Father Wants 'Juvenile' to Undergo Bone Test
The father of the Delhi gang-rape victim expressing disappointment said that he will challenge the Juvenile Justice Board's (JJB) decision on the youngest accused in higher court.
In an interview with CNN-IBN, the victim's father has said that the family wants a bone marrow test to verify the age of the youth in the rape case.
The board on Monday declared the sixth accused a minor on the basis of the school certificate provided by him which mentions June 4, 1995 as his date of birth.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The victim's father said that he is not satisfied with the board's decision and will take the matter to higher court.
"We are not at all satisfied with the order of the Juvenile Justice Board. I am speaking to my lawyers; we will challenge this order in the higher court. We want a bone test to be done to decide if he is minor or not. If he is found to be juvenile post the test, then we will accept it as our fate," the father told CNN-IBN.
The victim's family also said that the alleged minor should be hanged with the other five accused in the case.
"To leave somebody who did this to us is also a crime. We will go to court. We will do everything that we need to do. The punishment should not be less even if he is a juvenile. They all deserve the same punishment. They all should be hanged," he said, according to PTI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Australia's Same-Sex Marriages on Dec. 7 May Be Declared Invalid by High Court
- Nigella Lawson: "My husband threatened to destroy me"
- Aussie Lovers Buy Baby for US$8000, Face 40-year Jail Time
- Michael Jordan Wouldn’t Sell 56,000 Square Foot Mansion for Less than $13 Million
- Maria Sharapova: Lessons Learned from the 2013 Tennis Season
- Paedophile Stalked then Raped Teenager at Kent Leisure Centre
- eBay Founder Pierre Omidyar Calls for Leniency for 'PayPal 14'
- ATG Boss Talke Stauss ‘Duped of £625,000 by Conman Lover'
- Russian Court Dismisses Gay Campaigner's Claim Over Propaganda Law
- Paranoid Schizophrenic Karl Addo Detained for Beheading Flatmate Sergio Marquez
Winter Session 2013: Top Issues to be Tabled in Parliament - Telangana Bill, Women's Reservation, Lokpal