Delhi Gang-Rape Victim’s Father Wants 'Juvenile' to Undergo Bone Test
The father of the Delhi gang-rape victim expressing disappointment said that he will challenge the Juvenile Justice Board's (JJB) decision on the youngest accused in higher court.
In an interview with CNN-IBN, the victim's father has said that the family wants a bone marrow test to verify the age of the youth in the rape case.
The board on Monday declared the sixth accused a minor on the basis of the school certificate provided by him which mentions June 4, 1995 as his date of birth.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The victim's father said that he is not satisfied with the board's decision and will take the matter to higher court.
"We are not at all satisfied with the order of the Juvenile Justice Board. I am speaking to my lawyers; we will challenge this order in the higher court. We want a bone test to be done to decide if he is minor or not. If he is found to be juvenile post the test, then we will accept it as our fate," the father told CNN-IBN.
The victim's family also said that the alleged minor should be hanged with the other five accused in the case.
"To leave somebody who did this to us is also a crime. We will go to court. We will do everything that we need to do. The punishment should not be less even if he is a juvenile. They all deserve the same punishment. They all should be hanged," he said, according to PTI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- IPL 7 News: Preity Zinta Talks about Being a Woman in a Male-Dominated Game
- Supreme Court asks Govt to Reveal List of Indian Account Holders in German Bank
- NBA Playoffs Results and Highlights: Pacers, Raptors Register First Wins; Wizards Take 2-0 Lead
- New Zealand Prime Minister's BMW Thrown Eggs, Ball, Rock Amid Protests in Napier
- Novak Djokovic Allays Injury Fears, Confident of Playing in French Open
- GM Seeks U.S. Court Protection Against Ignition Lawsuits
- Iron ore mining likely to restart in January in Goa
- Modi Slams anti-Muslim Remarks, Ally Defiant
- New Zealand Scientist Mary Quin to Serve as Star Witness to Terrorism Trial in New York
- Bye Lamar Odom; Khloe Kardashian’s New Bad Boy: French Montana - Five Things You Have to Know