RBI May Hold Repo Rates Steady on Tuesday, Say Analysts
January 28, 2013 11:35 AM IST
Just three analysts expect the RBI to hold interest rates steady at its policy review on Tuesday, going against the overwhelming consensus for a 25 bps cut reflected in a poll in mid-January.
IndusInd Bank (INBK.NS), Dun and Bradstreet and Commonwealth Bank of Australia(CBA.AX) are the standouts from the poll.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
If these three financial firms are right, traders expect a huge sell-off in bonds, equities and the rupee.
RBI Governor Duvvuri Subbarao earlier this month sparked much debate in markets after calling inflation "still quite high", though he has also noted inflation has eased.
- Government to Set up Inflation Target, RBI to Implement - Chidambaram
- Services Activity Slump Moderates in Feb; Orders Fall
- Manufacturers Post Fastest Growth in a Year in Feb
- Willie Mason Charged for Drunk-Driving
- Australian Astronomers to 'Zap' Dangerous Space Junk with Powerful Lasers
- Australia to Say Goodbye to Big Waves on East Coast Due to Global Warming