RBI May Hold Repo Rates Steady on Tuesday, Say Analysts
January 28, 2013 11:35 AM IST
Just three analysts expect the RBI to hold interest rates steady at its policy review on Tuesday, going against the overwhelming consensus for a 25 bps cut reflected in a poll in mid-January.
IndusInd Bank (INBK.NS), Dun and Bradstreet and Commonwealth Bank of Australia(CBA.AX) are the standouts from the poll.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
If these three financial firms are right, traders expect a huge sell-off in bonds, equities and the rupee.
RBI Governor Duvvuri Subbarao earlier this month sparked much debate in markets after calling inflation "still quite high", though he has also noted inflation has eased.
- RBI Proposes New Capital Rules for Big Banks
- RBI Extends Special FX Swap Window for Loans Already in Process
- India Seeks Rupee Trade Payments to Help Currency
- Rare Metals Shortage Could Halt Advances in Technology, Say Scientists
- Ashes 2013: Mitchell Johnson's Seven-Wicket Haul Piles Pressure on England
- FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw: Brazil Kickoff Against Croatia, European Heavyweights Drawn in Difficult Groups