RBI May Hold Repo Rates Steady on Tuesday, Say Analysts
January 28, 2013 11:35 AM IST
Just three analysts expect the RBI to hold interest rates steady at its policy review on Tuesday, going against the overwhelming consensus for a 25 bps cut reflected in a poll in mid-January.
IndusInd Bank (INBK.NS), Dun and Bradstreet and Commonwealth Bank of Australia(CBA.AX) are the standouts from the poll.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
If these three financial firms are right, traders expect a huge sell-off in bonds, equities and the rupee.
RBI Governor Duvvuri Subbarao earlier this month sparked much debate in markets after calling inflation "still quite high", though he has also noted inflation has eased.
- Higher Food Costs Probably Pushed Inflation up in March
- Post-election Showdown Looms for Raghuram Rajan
- Rupee at 55/dollar 'would be too strong' - Rajan
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) - Specs And Price Comparison in Australia
- UFO Sightings: Commercial Pilot Captures Photo of UFO in Caloundra, Queensland
- What is ANZAC Day: Meaning, History Fast Facts And Major Events