Sensex, Nifty Rise Around 0.6 Percent
December 18, 2012 2:15 PM IST
The BSE Sensex and Nifty are up around 0.6 percent. Banking shares recover after RBI leaves interest rates on hold on Tuesday but signals a cut in the repo rate in the January-March quarter. State Bank of India gains over 1 percent, while ICICI Bank (ICBK.NS) is up marginally.
Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) gains 1.4 percent, up for a fourth day, after stronger-than-expected November sales at Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) reduced concerns about the outlook for the key unit of the Indian auto maker.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUN.NS) gains 2.2 percent after it said on Monday Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories Ltd. (Caraco), its wholly-owned subsidiary, has acquired URL generic business from Takeda Pharmaceutical Company.
- RBI Proposes New Capital Rules for Big Banks
- RBI Extends Special FX Swap Window for Loans Already in Process
- India Seeks Rupee Trade Payments to Help Currency
- Congress Breaks Losing Streak; Wins Mizoram
- Samsung Confirms Android 4.3 Roll-out Resumes for Galaxy S3 in UK
- India: Common Man's Party Ushers in Broomstick Revolution