Sensex, Nifty Rise Around 0.6 Percent
December 18, 2012 2:15 PM IST
The BSE Sensex and Nifty are up around 0.6 percent. Banking shares recover after RBI leaves interest rates on hold on Tuesday but signals a cut in the repo rate in the January-March quarter. State Bank of India gains over 1 percent, while ICICI Bank (ICBK.NS) is up marginally.
Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) gains 1.4 percent, up for a fourth day, after stronger-than-expected November sales at Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) reduced concerns about the outlook for the key unit of the Indian auto maker.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUN.NS) gains 2.2 percent after it said on Monday Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories Ltd. (Caraco), its wholly-owned subsidiary, has acquired URL generic business from Takeda Pharmaceutical Company.
- Higher Food Costs Probably Pushed Inflation up in March
- Post-election Showdown Looms for Raghuram Rajan
- Rupee at 55/dollar 'would be too strong' - Rajan
- Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 with Built-in Projector Launched
- ‘Jodha Akbar’ Serial: Director Santram Verma Refutes Sexual Abuse Allegations made by Paridhi Sharma
- ‘Revolver Rani’ Reviews Roundup: Kangana Impresses Again, but Film Disappoints