Jet Airways, Kingfisher Rise on Etihad Deal
December 18, 2012 1:41 PM IST
Jet Airways Ltd(JET.NS) extends gains for a sixth day, up 1.5 percent, while Kingfisher Airlines Ltd(KING.NS) is up 2.7 percent as Etihad Airways enters in the final stages of talks to buy a stake in either of them.
Buying into Jet is seen as more lucrative for Etihad as the two carriers already have a code-sharing agreement and could target the market share of state-owned Air India and Dubai-based Emirates Airline.
But a stake in Kingfisher would be cheaper, analysts say.
- Congress Breaks Losing Streak; Wins Mizoram
- Samsung Confirms Android 4.3 Roll-out Resumes for Galaxy S3 in UK
- India: Common Man's Party Ushers in Broomstick Revolution
- Ex-Goldman Sachs Banker Elias Preko Jailed for $5m Nigerian Corruption Scam
- WTI Oil Futures Trade Near Six-Week High on Robust China Demand
- Air Canada to Buy More Aircraft, Which from Airbus or Boeing Will Nail the Score?