Fortis Healthcare Rises 7.5 Percent on Stake Sale in Australia
December 17, 2012 10:30 AM IST
The stake sale to British medical services group Bupa will help Fortis focus on high-end healthcare operations in Asia, it said in a statement late on Sunday.
The entire proceeds will be used to reduce the group's debt, Fortis group Chief Executive Vishal Bali told news channel CNBC TV18. The deal is expected to be completed in March 2013, Fortis said.
- Top 5 Stories of the Week: Paul Walker's Tragic Death, Tom Daley is Gay
- Vin Diesel Pays Emotional Tribute to Paul Walker, Calls Him His Better Half
- Paul Walker Autopsy: Crash Impact and Burns Killed Actor and Porsche was at 100mph
- Tropfest Winner ‘Bamboozled’ Accused Of Being Anti-Gay; Petition Started To Force Matt Hardie To Apologise
- China to Spurn Export Reliance and Focus on Asean Partnerships for Economic Growth
- Australia Promises Biggest Fireworks Display at Sydney Opera House on New Year's Eve