‘Khiladi 786’ Box Office Collection: Akshay Starrer Earns ₹44 Crore in 5 Days
Akshay Kumar's newly released film, "Khiladi 786", is holding well at the domestic box office during weekdays despite facing tough competition from suspense thriller "Talaash".
The action comedy film released on Friday received mixed to negative reviews from critics, but it is still holding a strong position on the domestic front. The opening day collection of "Khiladi 786" was recorded at ₹10.40 crore.
The film, which features Asin Thottumkal in the female lead role, is currently ruling single screens across the country. At multiplexes, the film is running average business.
The movie raked in ₹5.4 crore on the first Monday and ₹4.4 crore the following day, taking the five-day total to ₹44.1 crore. Collections declined almost 50 percent on Monday as compared to Sunday.
The five-day breakup of the movie is ₹10.40 crore on the opening day, ₹1.15 crore on Saturday, ₹12.75 crore on Sunday, ₹5.4 crore on Monday and ₹ 4.4 crore on Tuesday, according to trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Unlike many of Akshay Kumar's movies which generally do well in northern states, "Khiladi 786" is not drawing enough audiences.
On a positive note, the film's score, composed by Himesh Reshammiya, has gained popularity among movie buffs and topped the charts.
"Khiladi 786" marks the return of Akshay Kumar as "Khiladi" after 12 years. His last film in the Khiladi series was "Khiladi 420", which was released in 2000.
The Ashish R Mohan-directed film also features Mithun Chakraborty and Himesh Reshammiya in lead roles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Supreme Court Says Gay Sex Illegal, Overturns 2009 Ruling
- Xolo Q1000 Opus: Quad-Core Smartphone Up for Pre-Orders in India
- High Inflation in November Set to Keep Pressure on RBI
- 1st T20 Preview: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka Live Streaming Information
- Indian Army Denies Rights Violations Rife in Kashmir
- LG G2 Mini Under Production; G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition Spec Details Revealed; G Flex Reaches India
- 'Ivan Vera Mathiri' Set for Massive Release Worldwide; Will Vikram Prabhu Score Another Hit?
- India Steps Towards Lifting of Olympic Ban - IOC
- Coal India Fined $290 Million by Competition Regulator CCI
- SEBI Cracks Down on New Funds, Asset Managers Chafe
Paul Walker's Funeral: Fans and Car Enthusiasts Hold Memorial for 'Fast & Furious' Star; Family to Bid Farewell this Week
'R... Rajkumar' Box Office Collection: Shahid Starrer Beats Saif's 'Bullett Raja' Opening Weekend Figures, Earns ₹30.59 crore
'Dhoom 3': Will Aamir Starrer Shatter 'Krrish 3' Collections in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu Box Office?