India's Industrial Output Rose by 8.2 Percent in October
December 12, 2012 11:29 AM IST
India's industrial production soared by 8.2 percent in October from a year earlier, government data showed on Wednesday.
Analysts polled by Reuters had expected a rise of 4.5 percent in October output. Revised government figures released on Wednesday showed September output growth was revised down to a contraction of 0.7 percent from a contraction of 0.4 percent.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Manufacturing, which constitutes about 76 percent of industrial production, rose by 9.6 percent from a year earlier, the statistics office said.
In the April-October period, industrial production expanded an annual 1.2 percent.
- Box Office Collection: ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Queen’ and ‘Total Siyapaa’ Open on Dull Note
- Sidharth Malhotra Dating Virat Kohli’s Ex? [PHOTO]
- International Women’s Day: 8 South Indian Women who Have Made It Big in Bollywood
- Ranbaxy Recalls over 64,000 Bottles of Generic Lipitor in U.S
- U.S. Seeks "talk and trade" to Rebuild India Ties
- Secret Conversations Leaked: French Ex-President Nicholas Sarkozy and Wife Carla Bruni Takes Legal Action for Privacy Breach