India's Industrial Output Rose by 8.2 Percent in October
December 12, 2012 11:29 AM IST
India's industrial production soared by 8.2 percent in October from a year earlier, government data showed on Wednesday.
Analysts polled by Reuters had expected a rise of 4.5 percent in October output. Revised government figures released on Wednesday showed September output growth was revised down to a contraction of 0.7 percent from a contraction of 0.4 percent.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Manufacturing, which constitutes about 76 percent of industrial production, rose by 9.6 percent from a year earlier, the statistics office said.
In the April-October period, industrial production expanded an annual 1.2 percent.
- From Mahesh Babu's 'Aagadu' to Ram Charan's 'Govindudu Andarivadele': Upcoming Big Projects in Telugu Film Industry
- Watch IPL 2014 Match 11: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders Live Streaming Information
- WhatsApp Now Has 500M Users
- Asia Markets: Tech Sector Brightens as Apple Jumps 8 Percent
- Global Markets Overview – 4/24/14
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning 4/24/14