Car Sales Decline 8 Percent in November
December 10, 2012 10:51 AM IST
Car sales in India slumped 8 percent in November, dashing hopes of a sustained revival in sentiment, as an expected festive season boom failed to materialise with high interest rates and rising ownership costs weighing on demand.
Automakers sold 158,257 cars in November, down 8.3 percent from a year earlier, according to data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) on Monday.
Sales of motorcycles were flat at 867,518 vehicles. Truck and bus sales stood at 61,410 vehicles during the month, down 7.3 percent.
- Watch Europa League Semifinal First Leg: Sevilla vs Valencia Live Streaming Information
- Watch Europa League Semifinal: Benfica vs Juventus Live Streaming Information
- Anushka Sharma-Sidharth Malhotra to Team up for 'Priceless' Remake: Report
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Los Angeles Clippers vs Golden State Warriors Game 3 Live Streaming Information
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Memphis Grizzlies Game 3 Live Streaming Information
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Modi is Power Hungry, Says Sonia Gandhi; Manmohan Singh Casts Vote in Assam
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Indiana Pacers vs Atlanta Hawks Game 3 Live Streaming Information
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Modi Files 2nd Nomination from Varanasi, Vows to Develop it into World's Spiritual Capital
- From Mahesh Babu's 'Aagadu' to Ram Charan's 'Govindudu Andarivadele': Upcoming Big Projects in Telugu Film Industry
- Watch IPL 2014 Match 11: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders Live Streaming Information