Car Sales Decline 8 Percent in November
December 10, 2012 10:51 AM IST
Car sales in India slumped 8 percent in November, dashing hopes of a sustained revival in sentiment, as an expected festive season boom failed to materialise with high interest rates and rising ownership costs weighing on demand.
Automakers sold 158,257 cars in November, down 8.3 percent from a year earlier, according to data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) on Monday.
Sales of motorcycles were flat at 867,518 vehicles. Truck and bus sales stood at 61,410 vehicles during the month, down 7.3 percent.
- Formula One News: Narain Karthikeyan Bemoans Lack of Support for F1 in India
- Search Planes Scour Sea for Missing Malaysian Jetliner
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Jaya, Maya, Mamata to Play key Role in New Government Formation
- India Set to Challenge U.S. for Election-spending Record
- Top High-End Tablet PCs Available in the Indian Market
- Rajinikanth-Deepika Padukone's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Trailer, Audio Released
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Congress Releases First List of 194 Candidates
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: South Africa vs Australia Live Streaming Information
- Satyamev Jayate 2: Aamir Khan Questions the State of Police System in the Country
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: West Indies vs England Live Streaming Information