After Marriage, Kareena Kapoor Won’t Perform at New Year Parties
With a brand new year edging closer, a number of Bollywood actresses are gearing up for performances at parties across the country. However, fans will be disappointed as two of the industry's leading actresses - Katrina Kaif and Kareena Kapoor - will not set the stage of fire this year.
Kareena's recent item number "Fevicol Se" is heating up the charts and the actress has received several proposals to dance to the song on New Year's night. But the actress has turned down all offers of performing this year considering her newly-married status.
"Organisers are willing to cough up anything from Rs. 6 cr to Rs. 8 cr for these acts, but Kareena does not want to do anything that could even remotely harm the reputation of her family," Hindustan Times quoted a source as saying.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Saif belongs to the royal family of Pataudi and Kareena probably took the decision keeping her in-laws' status in mind," the source added.
Kareena too confirmed the news saying that she will never do anything to embarrass her family.
"My family is looked at with immense respect and I will never do anything to embarrass them. I can't even think of dancing at weddings, especially from now on. Being a youth icon, I do not want to set a wrong example. This is a decision made by me and I will stick to it," Kareena told Hindustan Times.
Katrina Kaif has also refused offers to perform at event, saying she will spend time with her family on New Year's night.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- ‘Dhoom 3’ Box Office: Filmmakers and Distributors to Hike Ticket Price?
- ‘Bullett Raja’ Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Steady in India; ‘Ram-leela’ Dominates
- Bigg Boss 7: After Nishi Kohli, Rajkumar Kohli Supports Armaan-Tanisha Friendship
- ‘Krrish 3’ Box Office Collection: Has Hrithik Starrer Really Shattered ‘Chennai Express’ Record in India?
- Mahesh Babu's '1-Nenokkadine' Rights Acquired by Eros; Audio Launch to be Grand Affair
- 'Bullett Raja' Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Fails to Pick up in First Week
- No Big Telugu Films in December; Mahesh Babu, Ram Charan, Nithiin to Clash in January 2014
- 'Dhoom 3' Set for Big Release in Tamil Nadu; Will Aamir-Starrer Surpass 'Chennai Express' Box Office Collections?
- ‘Ram-leela’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Deepika Starrer Dominates BO Market; Earns ₹155 Crore
- Upendra, Pranitha Sizzle in LED Light Suits in ‘Brahma’
‘Krrish 3’ Box Office Collection: Has Hrithik Starrer Really Shattered ‘Chennai Express’ Record in India?
‘Ram-leela’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Deepika Starrer Becomes 4th Highest Grossing Film in India
'Dhoom 3' Set for Big Release in Tamil Nadu; Will Aamir-Starrer Surpass 'Chennai Express' Box Office Collections?