After Marriage, Kareena Kapoor Won’t Perform at New Year Parties
With a brand new year edging closer, a number of Bollywood actresses are gearing up for performances at parties across the country. However, fans will be disappointed as two of the industry's leading actresses - Katrina Kaif and Kareena Kapoor - will not set the stage of fire this year.
Kareena's recent item number "Fevicol Se" is heating up the charts and the actress has received several proposals to dance to the song on New Year's night. But the actress has turned down all offers of performing this year considering her newly-married status.
"Organisers are willing to cough up anything from Rs. 6 cr to Rs. 8 cr for these acts, but Kareena does not want to do anything that could even remotely harm the reputation of her family," Hindustan Times quoted a source as saying.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Saif belongs to the royal family of Pataudi and Kareena probably took the decision keeping her in-laws' status in mind," the source added.
Kareena too confirmed the news saying that she will never do anything to embarrass her family.
"My family is looked at with immense respect and I will never do anything to embarrass them. I can't even think of dancing at weddings, especially from now on. Being a youth icon, I do not want to set a wrong example. This is a decision made by me and I will stick to it," Kareena told Hindustan Times.
Katrina Kaif has also refused offers to perform at event, saying she will spend time with her family on New Year's night.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- After SRK, Big B and Sunny Leone, Ranbir Kapoor to Dance on Honey Singh’s Tune?
- Salman Khan Lauds Pulkit Samrat, Compares to Aamir Khan
- Box Office Collection: ‘300: Rise of an Empire’ Dominates Over Hindi Releases; ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ Falls
- Busy Priyanka Chopra Keeps Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Madamji' in Waiting
- Salman Khan to Ditch his Bachelor Status Finally?
- Breakup with Ranbir Kapoor Made Me Better Person: Deepika Padukone
- Juhi Chawla's Brother Bobby Passes Away in Coma
- Kareena Kapoor Likely to Star Opposite Pakistani Actor Fawad Khan in YRF's Next Film
- International Women’s Day: 8 South Indian Women who Have Made It Big in Bollywood
- Priyanka Chopra Beats Deepika, Vidya for Politician’s role in Madhur Bhandarkar’s Film