Drop in Rupee After 3 Sessions of Gains
December 7, 2012 10:44 AM IST
Rupee fell after three sessions of gains. The pair was at 54.29/30 versus 54.1350/1450 close on Thursday.
The euro languished at one-week lows against the dollar on Friday, having suffered a major setback after the European Central Bank painted a bleak outlook for the euro zone and discussed cutting interest rates.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Pair, however, may see gains later in the session with the government set to win the retail FDI vote in the upper house after a key ally pledged support. The government is now likely to push legislation such as banking law amendment and the companies bill which will further push reforms and are rupee positive.
Pair has major support at 54.00-54.20 levels while a clear break below 54 should inject more downside momentum opening up move to 53.60, technical charts showed.
- Australian Dollar Outlook - 7 March 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon 3/6/14
- Asian Shares Win Reprieve, Euro Hobbled Ahead of ECB
- Government to Set up Inflation Target, RBI to Implement - Chidambaram
- iPhone 6 Release Date Nears as iPhone 5S Price Tag Down to $119 at Walmart & $150 at Best Buy
- Reliance Globalcom no Longer for Sale, CEO Says