Nifty Rises Over 5900 for First Time Since April 2011
December 5, 2012 10:30 AM IST
The Nifty rose to its highest level in more than 19 months on Wednesday, breaching the 5,900 level, on hopes the government will muster a majority in parliament on the retail vote.
At 9:30 a.m., the index was at 5,910.20, up nearly 0.4 percent. It breached 5,900, a key level, for the first time since April 25, 2011.
- Autumn Statement 2013: Business Groups Hail George Osborne’s ‘Fantastic’ Rates Cap
- Blockbuster UK Job Losses Hit 1,061 as Administrators Seek Buyer
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday 12/5/13
- Holiday 2013 Gift Guide: The Top 5 Toys for Girls in 2013 [PHOTOS]
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Holiday 2013 Gift Guide: The Top 5 Toys for Boys in 2013 [PHOTOS]
- Walmart Footing Legal Bills of Executives in Mexico Bribery Investigation
- Cyber Monday Breaks UK Retail Records As Mobile Spending Soars
- Spice Launches Smart Flo Mettle 5X Android Smartphone; Priced at ₹6,499
- Npower Boss Says Bonus 'Will be Slashed' Because of Poor Customer Service
RBS’s Philip Hampton: Europe Rate-Fix Cartel Fine ‘Sobering Reminder’ of Bank’s Past Failings [VIDEO]