Jet Airways Shares Surge on Reports of Stake Sale to Etihad
December 4, 2012 10:11 AM IST
Shares in Jet Airways(JET.NS) rose over 7 percent in early trade on reports that it may sell stake to Etihad Airways.
The Business Standard newspaper reported, citing a government official, that Jet might raise 16 billion rupees from the sale of 24 percent stake to Etihad Airways.
Etihad's chief executive officer said on Tuesday the Abu Dhabi-based airline was in talks with Indian airlines.
"We're involved in negotiations in India," James Hogan said in an interview broadcast on Bloomberg-UTV news channel. He declined to give details.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Jet Airways has risen 65.3 percent since the start of November, as of Monday's close, on speculation that promoter shareholder is looking to sell a stake.
- India, US Can Achieve a Lot Together: Barack Obama
- Kannada Actor Diganth to Work in Yograj Bhat's Next Movie
- Tata Launches Aria Facelift in India; Price, Features and Booking Details
- Minnesota Tibetans Storm Chinese Office in Chicago
- Holi 2014: Spectacular Images of ‘Lathmar Holi’ Celebrated in Mathura, Vrindavan [PHOTOS]
- Dulquer Salman Begins Shoot for ‘Njaan’
- Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Dominates Over ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Worldwide
- Maruti Suzuki Launches Swift Dzire LDiX Limited Edition in India; Price, Features Details
- Champions League Preview: Atletico Madrid vs AC Milan Live Streaming Information
- 2nd T20 Preview: West Indies vs England Live Streaming Information