Jet Airways Shares Surge on Reports of Stake Sale to Etihad
December 4, 2012 10:11 AM IST
Shares in Jet Airways(JET.NS) rose over 7 percent in early trade on reports that it may sell stake to Etihad Airways.
The Business Standard newspaper reported, citing a government official, that Jet might raise 16 billion rupees from the sale of 24 percent stake to Etihad Airways.
Etihad's chief executive officer said on Tuesday the Abu Dhabi-based airline was in talks with Indian airlines.
"We're involved in negotiations in India," James Hogan said in an interview broadcast on Bloomberg-UTV news channel. He declined to give details.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Jet Airways has risen 65.3 percent since the start of November, as of Monday's close, on speculation that promoter shareholder is looking to sell a stake.
- Xolo Q1010i up for Grabs in India; Price, Spec Details
- Rani-Aditya Wedding: Actresses’ Father’s Ill Health Reason Behind Sudden Marriage?
- WhatsApp User-base Breaches Record 500 Million Mark; Indians Form the Biggest Chunk
- Triumph Motorcycle Opens India’s Third Dealership in Kochi
- IPL 7 News: Cheteshwar Pujara: I Can Be a Jacques Kallis
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Modi Says Money Stashed Abroad to be Spent on Poor, to File 2nd Nomination from Varanasi Tomorrow
- Micromax Canvas Doodle 3 To Be Priced 15K; Speculated Launch, Specification Details
- Iron ore mining likely to restart in January in Goa
- Modi Slams anti-Muslim Remarks, Ally Defiant
- Singapore Airlines Replaces A380 Flights to Sydney and Melbourne with Smaller Boeing 777-300ER