Jet Airways Shares Surge on Reports of Stake Sale to Etihad
December 4, 2012 10:11 AM IST
Shares in Jet Airways(JET.NS) rose over 7 percent in early trade on reports that it may sell stake to Etihad Airways.
The Business Standard newspaper reported, citing a government official, that Jet might raise 16 billion rupees from the sale of 24 percent stake to Etihad Airways.
Etihad's chief executive officer said on Tuesday the Abu Dhabi-based airline was in talks with Indian airlines.
"We're involved in negotiations in India," James Hogan said in an interview broadcast on Bloomberg-UTV news channel. He declined to give details.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Jet Airways has risen 65.3 percent since the start of November, as of Monday's close, on speculation that promoter shareholder is looking to sell a stake.
- Box Office Collection: ‘R… Rajkumar’ Becomes Shahid’s Highest Grosser of 2013
- Bundesliga Preview: Hertha Berlin vs Werder Bremen Live Streaming Information
- November Retail Inflation Cements Calls for Rate Hike
- Volkswagen, M&M Bump up Vehicle Prices by upto 2.5%
- Asian Markets Mixed Amid US Stimulus Taper Concerns
- ‘What The Fish’ Review Roundup: Film Disappoints with Overcooked Comedy
- Sony PlayStation 4 Tipped to Set Foot in India on 18 December
- Shah Rukh Khan Tops Forbes India's 'Celebrity 100' List Again; Comedian Kapil Sharma is New Entry
- Supreme Court Grants Bail to Lalu Prasad Yadav; Latest Reactions
- Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS in Testing Phase, Hints at Imminent Launch
Bankers and Hedge Fund Managers: 82% Believe FCA Fails to Balance Investor Protection and Growth Promotion