Rupee Edges Marginally Higher
December 4, 2012 9:52 AM IST
Rupee inches marginally higher to 54.75/76 versus its previous close of 54.77/78 as some profit-taking is happening in the dollar after the sharp rise seen in the previous session.
Trading however is expected to be choppy ahead of the crucial vote on foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail due on Wednesday afternoon which will be a critical determinant of the rupee's direction in the medium term.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Traders will watch the domestic sharemarket movement for direction during the day. Shares trading down 0.15 percent in opening deals.
Asian currencies trading mixed versus the dollar.
- U.S. Calls for More Investment-friendly Indian Government
- China says to ease restrictions on overseas investments
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: BJP Releases Manifesto; Impetus to be Given for Growth Revival, Job Creation
- Apple Inc Q2 Earnings Predictions Reveal Low iPad Sales; Apple Celebrates Earth Day with Green-Themed Stores
- Micromax Canvas Doodle 3 Specifications Surface Online; Tipped to Debut this Week
- HTC One (M8) India Price Revealed; Tipped to Hit Stores in Early May