Rupee Edges Marginally Higher
December 4, 2012 9:52 AM IST
Rupee inches marginally higher to 54.75/76 versus its previous close of 54.77/78 as some profit-taking is happening in the dollar after the sharp rise seen in the previous session.
Trading however is expected to be choppy ahead of the crucial vote on foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail due on Wednesday afternoon which will be a critical determinant of the rupee's direction in the medium term.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Traders will watch the domestic sharemarket movement for direction during the day. Shares trading down 0.15 percent in opening deals.
Asian currencies trading mixed versus the dollar.
- BJP may Allow more Foreign Investment in Insurance
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board to Invest ₹1,000 Crore in L&T Unit
- Rajasthan Bars Entry of Foreign Supermarkets
- New HTC One (M8) Revealed in A Leaked Video?
- Apple Confirms Availability of iPhone Recycling Program in Canada Retail Stores
- Colorado - World's First Fully Regulated Recreational Marijuana Market - Collects $2M in Recreational Pot Taxes