Sensex to Hit 20,800 by Dec 2013, Says Citi Report
December 1, 2012 11:32 AM IST
The investment bank expects Sensex to reach 20,800 by December 2013, based on premise of 9.6/12 percent earnings growth for FY13/FY14 and a valuation multiple of 14.5 times - a slight discount to its 15-16 times longer-term average.
Citi says the cyclical/risk trade that worked in 2012 should continue to be the preferred one for 2013, thereby maintaining its 'overweight' stance on banks, consumer discretionary, capital goods, IT stocks, while raising telecom to 'overweight' as well.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The bank remains 'underweight' on consumer staples, utilities, energy and materials.
Citi prefers Axis Bank (AXBK.NS), ICICI Bank (ICBK.NS), Infosys (INFY.NS), Maruti Suzuki India (MRTI.NS) and Bharti Airtel (BRTI.NS) among large-cap stocks, while its midcap top picks are Apollo Hospitals Enterprise (APLH.NS), Idea Cellular (IDEA.NS), Sun TV (SUTV.NS), LIC Housing Finance (LICH.NS) and Exide Industries (EXID.NS).
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Kejriwal Files Nomination from Varanasi, Accuses Congress, BJP of Spending Black Money on Campaigning
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Modi Says Money Stashed Abroad to be Spent on Poor, to File 2nd Nomination from Varanasi Tomorrow
- Gold Hovers Near 2-1/2 Month Lows on Firm Equities, Fund Outflows
- Global Markets Overview – 4/15/14
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon 4/14/14
- U.S. Fed's Hard Line on Funding to Bring more Pain to Wall Street