Sensex to Hit 20,800 by Dec 2013, Says Citi Report
December 1, 2012 11:32 AM IST
The investment bank expects Sensex to reach 20,800 by December 2013, based on premise of 9.6/12 percent earnings growth for FY13/FY14 and a valuation multiple of 14.5 times - a slight discount to its 15-16 times longer-term average.
Citi says the cyclical/risk trade that worked in 2012 should continue to be the preferred one for 2013, thereby maintaining its 'overweight' stance on banks, consumer discretionary, capital goods, IT stocks, while raising telecom to 'overweight' as well.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The bank remains 'underweight' on consumer staples, utilities, energy and materials.
Citi prefers Axis Bank (AXBK.NS), ICICI Bank (ICBK.NS), Infosys (INFY.NS), Maruti Suzuki India (MRTI.NS) and Bharti Airtel (BRTI.NS) among large-cap stocks, while its midcap top picks are Apollo Hospitals Enterprise (APLH.NS), Idea Cellular (IDEA.NS), Sun TV (SUTV.NS), LIC Housing Finance (LICH.NS) and Exide Industries (EXID.NS).
- Ukraine Crisis: White House Lists 10 Facts to Decry, 10 Fictious Claims by President Putin
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Tough Road Ahead for Congress, TDP in Telangana
- Who will Sonam Kapoor Romance in ‘Battle for Bittora’?
- iPhone 6 Release Date: 90 Million Units Expected to Hit Market; Smartphone Shipment May Rise in 2014
- Citigroup reports Fraud in Mexico Unit, Lowers 2013 Results
- Mobile World Congress 2014 Keynote Speakers: Mark Zuckerberg, Virginia M. Rometty, Jan Koum and More