India GDP Growth at 5.3 Percent in September Quarter
November 30, 2012 11:37 AM IST
India's economy grew at a lower-than-expected 5.3 percent in the quarter ending in September, against an analysts' forecast of 5.4 percent, government data showed on Friday.
The manufacturing sector grew an annual 0.8 percent during the quarter while farm output rose 1.2 percent, the data showed. In the quarter ending in June economic growth was at 5.5 percent.
Asia's third largest economy is still growing faster than many other major economies, but it has slowed from 6.5 percent in the 2011/12 fiscal year and 8.4 percent in the previous two fiscal years.
- Services Activity Slump Moderates in Feb; Orders Fall
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon 3/5/14
- China Maintains Growth Target at 7.5 Percent; Focus Shifts to Reforms
- Ranbaxy Recalls over 64,000 Bottles of Generic Lipitor in U.S
- U.S. Seeks "talk and trade" to Rebuild India Ties
- Secret Conversations Leaked: French Ex-President Nicholas Sarkozy and Wife Carla Bruni Takes Legal Action for Privacy Breach