Toyota Prius V i-Tech: Luxury Variant for Hybrid People-Mover
By Car Advice | November 29, 2012 8:12 AM IST
Priced from $46,490, the new i-Tech variant adds a number of extra features to justify its $10,500 premium over the $35,990 entry-level Toyota Prius V seven-seater, which launched in Australia in May.
The Toyota Prius V i-Tech scores dynamic radar cruise control, satellite navigation, auto-levelling LED headlights with washers, electro-chromatic rear-view mirror, heated front seats, and a panoramic roof with an electric sunshade that raises the Prius V's height by 25mm to 1615mm.
The luxury model also sees the addition of a head-up display that shows navigation prompts, an eight-speaker JBL sound system with digital radio, premium seat coverings and park assist.
The Toyota Prius V i-Tech is fitted with a pre-crash safety system, adding to the standard safety package that includes seven airbags, reversing camera, hill-start assist, stability and traction control, anti-lock brakes, brake assist and electronic brakeforce distribution.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The Prius V i-Tech, powered by Toyota's 100kW Hybrid Synergy Drive powertrain that combines a 1.8-litre Atkinson cycle petrol engine and a 60kW electric motor, delivers fuel economy of 4.4L/100km and CO2 emissions of 101g/km.
The arrival of the new high-grade Prius V comes as the Japanese manufacturer celebrates the local milestone of selling 10,000 hybrids in a calendar year for the first time (combined sales for Toyota and Lexus), beating its previous best of 9422 vehicles in 2010.
It's been a mixed time at Toyota lately, with the news that the carmaker has sold more than one million hybrid vehicles worldwide in a calendar year for the first time (Toyota says its cumulative hybrid sales are now more than 4.6 million units) being joined by a string of vehicle recalls.
- Age Discrimination Commissioner Warns of Failure to Hike Retirement Age to 70 If Aussie Companies Are Unwilling to Hire Workers Over 50
- Watch Champions League Semifinal: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Live Streaming Information
- MH370 Debris Washed Ashore? Pieces of Wreckage Spotted in Western Australia Shore
- Nikkei Edges up; Caution over Earnings, Ukraine Caps Gains
- Karnataka Government Orders Toyota, Union to Restore Operations
- Toyota Hydrogen Car to Hit Market in 2015