Cabinet Clears 9.5% Stake Sale in NTPC
November 23, 2012 10:23 AM IST
The cabinet approved on Thursday a 9.5 percent government stake sale in state-run power producer NTPC Ltd(NTPC.NS), a minister told reporters, to help rein in its ballooning fiscal deficit.
At current market price, the NTPC sale could raise as much as $2.3 billion for the government.
The minister declined to be named.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
New Delhi aims to raise 300 billion rupees through share sales in state-run companies in the current fiscal year that ends in March 2013. But it has, thus far, drawn a blank as weak market conditions have deterred public issues or auctions.
- Vedanta Selects Former Rio Boss Albanese as CEO
- Asian Shares Jump, Yen Licks Wounds on Ukraine Relief
- Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2: Specifications Comparison
- Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. Nexus 5: Which Is the Better Android?
- Asian Shares Soft as Ukraine Dampens Risk Sentiment
- Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Apple 5S: How Do They Stack Up
- Asia Shares Sluggish, China Policy Puzzles
- Samsung Debuts Water-Resistant Galaxy S5 Smartphone with Finger-Print Sensor
- Global Shares Weaken as China Slumps, Dollar Firms after Muted Reaction to G20
- Immigration NZ Baffled By ‘House’ Star Hugh Laurie’s Twitter Rant