Cabinet Clears 9.5% Stake Sale in NTPC
November 23, 2012 10:23 AM IST
The cabinet approved on Thursday a 9.5 percent government stake sale in state-run power producer NTPC Ltd(NTPC.NS), a minister told reporters, to help rein in its ballooning fiscal deficit.
At current market price, the NTPC sale could raise as much as $2.3 billion for the government.
The minister declined to be named.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
New Delhi aims to raise 300 billion rupees through share sales in state-run companies in the current fiscal year that ends in March 2013. But it has, thus far, drawn a blank as weak market conditions have deterred public issues or auctions.
- Asian Markets Hit after Investors Book Profits
- Global Stocks Edge Higher, Euro Scales Heights
- Rare Metals Shortage Could Halt Advances in Technology, Say Scientists
- Goldman Sachs Predicts 19% Gain for Chinese Stocks in Hong Kong in 2014
- Gold Near 5-month Low on US data, Stimulus Worries
- Libya: Explosion Kills Dozens as Looters Raid Ammunition Depot
- Copper, Aluminium Prices Rise at London Metal Exchange
- Ed Miliband Accuses David Cameron of Gutter Politics and Calls for Clean Election
- Asian Shares Fall on Fed Tapering Uncertainty
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning 11/12/13
Bankers and Hedge Fund Managers: 82% Believe FCA Fails to Balance Investor Protection and Growth Promotion