Cabinet Clears 9.5% Stake Sale in NTPC
November 23, 2012 10:23 AM IST
The cabinet approved on Thursday a 9.5 percent government stake sale in state-run power producer NTPC Ltd(NTPC.NS), a minister told reporters, to help rein in its ballooning fiscal deficit.
At current market price, the NTPC sale could raise as much as $2.3 billion for the government.
The minister declined to be named.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
New Delhi aims to raise 300 billion rupees through share sales in state-run companies in the current fiscal year that ends in March 2013. But it has, thus far, drawn a blank as weak market conditions have deterred public issues or auctions.
- Samsung Galaxy S5: 10 Value-Added Must-Know Features
- Global Markets Overview – 4/17/14
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon 4/16/14
- Chinese Consortium MMG Buys Glencore Xstrata's Stake in Peru Las Bambas Copper Mine for AU$6.2B
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday 4/15/14
- Galaxy S5 Market Release Highlights: Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit, FIFA 14 Mobile Game, Galaxy 11 Team, 'My Life Powered by Galaxy S5' Ad and Store Activities
- Eleven Dead in Valparaiso Blaze, 500 Houses Destroyed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Hits Indian Stores on 11 April; Price, Specification Details
- Asia Rides Wall Street Rebound, Firm Yen Hits Tokyo Stocks
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Octa-Core Variant Outscores Snapdragon 801 Model in AnTuTu Benchmarking Test: Report