Sistema's India Unit Open to Acquisitions
November 19, 2012 2:34 PM IST
However, Vsevolod Rozanov, CEO at Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd, said he does not expect any deals until the Supreme Court decides on the company's appeal on the order to revoke the permits.
"Nothing serious to report on this," he said when asked if it was was currently engaged in talks with any company in India.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd will lose its permits in January after a court order to revoke permits awarded in a scandal-tainted 2008 sale.
Media reports have said Sistema is in talks to acquire the Indian carrier Aircel, which is the country's seventh-biggest mobile phone operator by customers.
- Kannada Actress Ramya Invites Volunteers to Campaign for Her
- John Sculley, Apple Ex-CEO to Build Smartphone Firm in India
- Global Warming Strengthens Growing Malaria Cases Worldwide, Africa, Asia, Central & Southern America at Risk
- Apple-Samsung Patent War Update: Apple's Request Denied, Samsung Products Not Banned, But Will Still Pay Over $900M Damages
- Maldives Court Sacks Top Elections Officials for Disobedience
- The Patent War: Apple vs. Samsung - Samsung can take a breather