Sistema's India Unit Open to Acquisitions
November 19, 2012 2:34 PM IST
However, Vsevolod Rozanov, CEO at Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd, said he does not expect any deals until the Supreme Court decides on the company's appeal on the order to revoke the permits.
"Nothing serious to report on this," he said when asked if it was was currently engaged in talks with any company in India.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd will lose its permits in January after a court order to revoke permits awarded in a scandal-tainted 2008 sale.
Media reports have said Sistema is in talks to acquire the Indian carrier Aircel, which is the country's seventh-biggest mobile phone operator by customers.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Edition Teased Online; Tipped to Launch in May
- NTT DoCoMo to Exit India, Unload Entire Stake in Tata Teleservices - Sources
- Watch Europa League Semifinal First Leg: Sevilla vs Valencia Live Streaming Information
- Apple, Google Agree to Pay over $300 Million to Settle Conspiracy Lawsuit
- Israel Suspends Peace Talks after Palestinian Unity Bid
- Korean School Tribute Leaves Empty Spaces for Unfound Ferry Victims