Samsung Introduces Advanced Memory Storage for Slim Smartphones, Tablets
Samsung Electronics Company has rolled out the next generation 64 GB (64GB eMMC) memory storage dubbed as eMMC Pro Class 2000 for slim tablets and smartphones.
The 64 GB embedded multimedia card has been built using the 10nanometer class process technology and according to the company, it is ten times faster than the Class 10 rated memory cards.
"The new high-speed, small form factor eMMC reinforces Samsung's technology leadership in storage memory solutions. We look forward to expanding our line-up of embedded memory solutions in conjunction with the new chip's design, in pursuing a system-level adoption of application processors and other key components that form the foundation for the most advanced mobile platforms," said Myungho Kim, vice president of Memory marketing, Device Solutions, Samsung Electronics as quoted by the Tech2.
The company also claimed that the 64GB eMMC reads data at a faster rate and writes up to 50 megabytes per second. The company's latest roll out was followed by the introduction of eMMC4.5 interface which would feature in the phones from next year and the company stated that the production of the new memory storage started last month.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
According to the reports, the company will submit the new memory storage to the Joint Electronic Engineering Council for adoption as an industry-standard (JEDEC) next year. The new chip from the company is in tone with the current market trend. It was learnt that the current market is heading more towards the slimmer designs of the phones and tablets, whilst using the multi-core processors for the high performance.
"This will allow us to better attend to time-to-market demands enabling the design of more convenient features for next-generation mobile applications," added Kim.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Nokia Lumia 635: New Nokia Phone Spotted at FCC Database with Model Number RM-979
- Sony Xperia Z2 Preorder Offers: Bundles May Come with Free TV, Sony Speakers, or Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Earlier iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as Apple Taps Samsung for A8 Chip Production, Foxconn Hires More Workers?
- Google Nexus 6 is iPhone 6, Galaxy S5 Killer on Release Date with IP67 Waterproof, Dustproof Features – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 is No Match for Apple iPhone 6: iPhone 6 Features Dwarf Samsung Galaxy S5?
- Galaxy Tab PRO 8.4 vs. iPad Mini 2 vs. LG G Pad 8.3: Which 8-Inch Will Rule the Compact Tablet Market?
- Samsung Milk Music: Delivering Sweet, Personalized Music Experience
- HTC M8 aka ‘All New HTC One’ Roundup: Expected Features, Release Date Details
- LG G3: Rumored to be with water and dust-resistant exterior
- All-New HTC One and Goophone M8: HTC's Upcoming Flagship is Cloned