'Thuppakki' Controversial Scenes to be Chopped Off; Earns Big at Box Office
The makers of Vijay's "Thuppakki" have finally given in to the demands of some organizations to chop off a controversial scene in the film.
Several Muslim organizations have objected to a scene in "Thuppakki", alleging that it was hurting the sentiments of the community.
"We did not want to hurt anyone's sentiment. We regret if it had offended the Muslim community. We also consent to remove some of the controversial scenes which were objected to by few Muslim organizations. This will be done in one or two days' time from all the prints of Thuppakki," said producer Kalaipuli S. Dhanu at a press conference.
The Muslim organissations have decided to give up the protest following the announcement by "Thuppakki" makers to delete certain controvertial scene.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Meanwhile, "Thuppakki" had a great opening on Tuesday. It is reported that theatres in Tamil Nadu run to full houses. A few websites even claimed that the film enjoyed 100 percent occupancy in most theatres in the state and did even better than Shah Rukh Khan's much-hyped, "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" that released on the same day.
"#Thuppakki - Diwali Release day - Nets an astonishing Rs 9.25 Crore approximately from TN. Extraordinary!" tweeted entertainment industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai.
Trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted that "Thuppakki" collected ₹62.32 lakhs from 23 locations in UK in the first three days and ₹19.88 lakh from 6 locations in Australia.
"Thuppakki", produced by Kalaipuli S. Dhanu and directed by A. R. Murugadoss, features Vijay and Kajal Aggarwal in the lead roles. The movie was released over 2,000 screens worldwide on Tuesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. Galaxy Note 2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Survey Says Qantas Was Favourite Airline of Aussies Until the Job Cuts
- Gina Rinehart’s Prodigal Son John Finds a Job as Director in Rival of Mum’s Mining Company; Iron Ore Prices Fall 22%, Shareholders Dump Stocks
- Malaysian Airline Flight 370: Interpol Says Disappearance of Boeing 777 Jet Unlikely a Terrorist Attack as It Identifies 2 Iranian Men as Users of Stolen Passports (VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Hire Spanish Nanny for Prince George While They Honeymoon in Maldives
- Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Dominates Over ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Worldwide
- Champions League Preview: Atletico Madrid vs AC Milan Live Streaming Information
- Lost German Backpacker Survives Australian Outback; Thanks to Protein-Rich Flies
- Champions League Preview: Bayern Munich vs Arsenal Live Streaming Information
- Lorde Slams Kyle Sandilands Over Lesbian, ‘Ellen Together’ Relationship With Taylor Swift