'Thuppakki' Controversial Scenes to be Chopped Off; Earns Big at Box Office
The makers of Vijay's "Thuppakki" have finally given in to the demands of some organizations to chop off a controversial scene in the film.
Several Muslim organizations have objected to a scene in "Thuppakki", alleging that it was hurting the sentiments of the community.
"We did not want to hurt anyone's sentiment. We regret if it had offended the Muslim community. We also consent to remove some of the controversial scenes which were objected to by few Muslim organizations. This will be done in one or two days' time from all the prints of Thuppakki," said producer Kalaipuli S. Dhanu at a press conference.
The Muslim organissations have decided to give up the protest following the announcement by "Thuppakki" makers to delete certain controvertial scene.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Meanwhile, "Thuppakki" had a great opening on Tuesday. It is reported that theatres in Tamil Nadu run to full houses. A few websites even claimed that the film enjoyed 100 percent occupancy in most theatres in the state and did even better than Shah Rukh Khan's much-hyped, "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" that released on the same day.
"#Thuppakki - Diwali Release day - Nets an astonishing Rs 9.25 Crore approximately from TN. Extraordinary!" tweeted entertainment industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai.
Trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted that "Thuppakki" collected ₹62.32 lakhs from 23 locations in UK in the first three days and ₹19.88 lakh from 6 locations in Australia.
"Thuppakki", produced by Kalaipuli S. Dhanu and directed by A. R. Murugadoss, features Vijay and Kajal Aggarwal in the lead roles. The movie was released over 2,000 screens worldwide on Tuesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Ashes 2nd Test, Day 2 Preview: Australia vs England Live Streaming Information
- World’s Biggest Ship Launched: Shell’s Monstrous Prelude Vessel is Longer than Empire State Building [VIDEO]
- Ashes 2013: England Rue Dropped Chances as Australia Take Charge
- 'Bachelor, Australia's' Tim Robards and Anna Want to Start a Family
- "The Great Gatsby" vs. "The Rocket" at AACTA Awards 2014: What You Should Know About Top Feature Films Leading Aussie Oscars Nominations [PHOTOS/VIDEOS]
- Gruesome Stabbing Attack in Melbourne Mosque Leaves One Dead, Two Injured and Others Shocked
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon 12/5/13
- Edward Snowden Stole Up To 20,000 Aussie Intelligence Files - Report
- More Australians Use Facebook to Post, Share News Articles and Current Events
- ODI Series 2013 Match 1 Preview: India vs South Africa Live Streaming Information
‘Ram-leela’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Deepika Starrer Becomes 4th Highest Grossing Film in India
'Dhoom 3' Set for Big Release in Tamil Nadu; Will Aamir-Starrer Surpass 'Chennai Express' Box Office Collections?