Esha Deol’s Grand Wedding Without Deol Brothers; A Perfect Family Picture Missing? (PHOTOS)
Actress Esha Deol had a perfect wedding with her prince charming Bharat Takhtani on Friday but it seems something didn't click - a perfect family picture.
"A wedding happens only once in our life, so I want it to be perfect," Esha had said earlier and fortunately everything in the wedding went perfectly well just as she had dreamed of. Perhaps the only thing missing in the lavish start-studded nupital ceremony was the absence of her beloved half brothers Sunny and Bobby Deol, who did not attend the wedding.
Esha Deol tied the knot with Bharat Takhtani at Mumbai's Iskon temple in a grand South-Indian style wedding on June 29.
Lot of B-town celebs including Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, Manoj Kumar, Vinod Khanna, Vyjayanthimala, Ramesh Sippy, Madhoo, Anu Malik, Neeta Lulla; Esha's industry friends and co-stars- Abhishek Bachchan, Fardeen Khan, Ritiesh Deshmukh, Genelia and several others graced the big wedding of veteran actor Hema Malini's daughter, but the Deols were missing at all the ceremonies.
However, cousin Abhay Deol made up for his brothers absence. He attended all the events from Sangeet to mehandi to wedding with fiancé Preeti Desai.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Well, according to the family, it was merely work commitments that kept the Deol brothers away from their sister's big day, as they are otherwise known to be in cordial terms with both Esha and Ahana. They also attended Esha's engagement ceremony in February this year.
Reportedly, Bobby is expected to fly down from abroad and Sunny to spare time from his tight shooting schedules for the grand wedding reception to be held on Sunday evening at a five-star hotel in Mumbai.
Though bride's father Dharmendra flew down from US for daughter's wedding, his presence was hardly felt as he restrained himself from appearing before the media. His absence in Esha's sangeet and mehandi photographs prompted speculation that he wasn't present.
However, the actor later made his presence felt by posing for the family photograph at the wedding.
"I was very much there," he told the reporters at the venue, adding that he deliberately "avoided the cameras as far as possible."
"It was an evening meant for the kids. I decided to take a backseat," Dharamendra said
"Dharam was there. But he stayed away from the cameras," bride's mother Hema Malini briskly added, backing her husband.
Dharmendra and Hema Malini's private life have ever since been kept under the wraps, seemingly with dignity and mutual understanding.
Dharmendra married the "dream girl" in 1980 without divorcing his first wife Prakash Kaur, with whom he has two children - Sunny and Bobby Deol. Since then he has managed to gracefully maintain two separate families that have cordial terms with each other.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Nokia Lumia 1020: Windows Phone Handset to Document the Underwater Diving Expedition Called 'Mission 31'
- Cristiano Ronaldo GF Irina Shayk Swims With the Pigs
- Melancholic Youtube Video of Man vs. Fence Goes Viral
- Double Ouch: Rapper Cuts Penis Then Jumps from North Hollywood Building; Survives Suicide Attempt
- Global Markets Overview – 4/17/14
- Heartbleed Bug to Cripple Internet in the Next Few Weeks
- Box Office Collection: ‘Bhoothnath Returns’, ‘Disco Singh’ Going Strong; ‘Main Tera Hero’ Set to Cross ₹50 Crore Mark
- IIFA Awards 2014: Bollywood Flash Mob Brings Busy NY Times Square to Halt [VIDEO]
- After 'Aagadu', Mahesh Babu to Work with Koratala Siva; What about Maniratnam's Project?
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon 4/16/14