Bristol Palin Sued For Defamation By Heckler
A man who verbally attacked Bristol Palin in a bar last September and directed vulgar terms at her mother, Sarah, is now suing for defamation, according to reports.
Palin and Lifetime are being sued by Stephen Hanks because they used the footage of him in promos for the reality series Bristol Palin: Life's a Tripp, according to E! News.
E! News obtained court documents this week from which they learned that Hanks has claimed that Palin defamed him when she suggested in an interview that her move back to Alaska was because of him. He also said he didn't sign a release to appear in the upcoming series.
Palin is looking to get the suit thrown out, sources told E! News.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Palin was riding a mechanical bull when Hanks then articulated several vulgar terms about Sarah Palin and also said that she is "evil." Bristol Palin then made at least one comment about the heckler.
Bristol Palin then asked the man what her mother did that's so wrong and Hanks said, "She lives and breathes."
Though the video of the heated exchange went viral, amassing more than 960,000 hits, Hanks wants Lifetime to stop airing it. His lawyer Michael Gulden told E! News that Hanks wasn't aware he was being filmed until Plain left the Saddle Ranch bar with camera crews behind.
Gluden said his client spoke to Lifetime parent A&E about the image use, but they were unresponsive. Hanks is now suing for unspecified damages and has claimed invasion of right to privacy, intentional infliction of emotional distress and misappropriation of right of publicity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Rumer Willis Underwear Shows through Raunchy Outfit at Music Concert Celebration
- ‘Scandal’ Season 4: What will Happen to Olivia and Fitz’s Relationship?
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Season 5 Spoilers: Andrew Campbell Makes a Comeback in Episode 4 Plus Hanna is Going Through It in the New Season
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Los Angeles Clippers vs Golden State Warriors Game 3 Live Streaming Information
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Memphis Grizzlies Game 3 Live Streaming Information
- Lorde and Flume’s ‘Tennis Court’ Remix A Hit [VIDEO]