Jaya Prada Likely To Join BJP After Consulting With Amar Singh
Actress turned politician Jaya Prada on Saturday said that she will take a decision on joining Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) after consulting with former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh.
Jaya Prada, a second term Lok Sabha MP from Rampur in Uttar Pradesh, reportedly met BJP national president Nitin Gadkari few days back. She clearly stated that she would take a decision after talking to Amar Singh.
"BJP may think about making me their candidate from Rampur, so far nothing officially conveyed to me," The Times of India quoted the actress-turned-politician as saying.
"Will only take final decision after talking to Amar Singh, I am getting offers from all parties," she said.
"I respect Nitinji, Advaniji, Sushmaji, and I am happy that media is responding to these reports positively (of her joining BJP)," she added.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
So far, Nitin Gadkari's stand has not been clear in this issue. According to sources, it has been claimed that Gadkari may give the green signal for her to join BJP.
Jaya Prada began her political career with Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in Andhra Pradesh. She left the party in early 2000 to join the Samajwadi party. Jaya Prada and Amar singh were expelled in 2010 citing involvement in anti-party activities as reasons.
Jaya Prada is reportedly planning to revive her political career in Andhra Pradesh after a gap of more than a decade. In order to mend ways with the TDP president Chandrababu Naidu, Jaya Prada - who visited the Tirumala temple in April to celebrate her 51st birthday - said she never spoke ill of Chandrababu Naidu.
"He (Naidu) is not a bad man," she had said. She said she would campaign and support her good friend -actor Balakrishna, son of N T Rama Rao (popular Telugu actor), according to Deccan Herald.
While speaking to reporters on Monday (May 21) at Palakollu, Jaya Prada said that she would make an entry into state politics but refused to divulge details about the party she intended to join.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Salman Khan Lauds Pulkit Samrat, Compares to Aamir Khan
- Domestic Car Sales up 1.39 Percent in February
- Box Office Collection: ‘300: Rise of an Empire’ Dominates Over Hindi Releases; ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ Falls
- Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Earnings Escalate, ‘Gulaab Gang’ Average and ‘Total Siyapaa’ Dull
- Busy Priyanka Chopra Keeps Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Madamji' in Waiting
- Smartphone - Your New Eye Doctor
- Intex Cloud Y4+ Android Smartphone with 3G Support Released in India; Price, Availability Details
- Putin's Propaganda: Russian Soldiers Dressing up as Ukrainian Army
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Jayaprada, Jayasudha to Plunge into Poll Fray
- Aamir Khan Hails Kangana Ranaut's 'Queen' as Must Watch