Bamboozle 2012 Bands: Motion City Soundtrack 'Get F***ed Up' On Day 2
Bamboozle was overflowing for Day 1 on Friday night, but the crowds were nothing compared to Day 2 on Saturday.
The lawn across from the historic Asbury Park Conventional Hall was packed by 3 P.M. with Bamboozlers who baked in the hot sun while waiting for the Motion City Soundtrack set at 3:25.
Motion City Soundtrack are no strangers to Asbury Park. The band played the New Jersey beach town back in the day when the Bamboozle Festival was known as the Skate and Surf Festival.
On Day 2 the band wasn't playing just one set at the Zumiez stage, but two. Motion City Soundtrack was to perform on the same stage at 9:30 P.M. that evening.
At almost 3:40 the band finally waltzed out on the stage to the impatient crowd.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"We're motion City Soundtrack! Thanks for being here," lead singer Justin Pierrre yelled into the mic.
One anxious fan yelled "Let's get f***ed up and die," but the band wasn't ready to perform their popular hit just yet.
Channeling Edward Cullen with his disheveled spiky hair, Pierre and the rest of the band jumped into "Skin & Bones."
Frisbees skyrocketed towards the stage as a girl in lime green leggings repeatedly crowd surfed, each time getting pulled to safety by the (somehow) patient festival staff.
Motion City Soundtrack played crowd favorites "Attractive Today," "This Is For Real," "My Favorite Accident" and of course, "Let's Get F***ed Up And Die."
"It's motha f***in' Bamboozle Bitches," Pierre yelled in the crowd, and indeed it was.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Vedanta Selects Former Rio Boss Albanese as CEO
- 'Real Housewives of New Jersey's' Teresa Giudice Filmed Before and After Pleading Guilty Drama
- Teenager Accuses Father of Being 'Inappropriately Affectionate,' Gets Discouraged by Judge
- Guilty 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Star Teresa Giudice to Serve Prison Sentence Under House Arrest?
- 'Glee' Star Lea Michele Turns 'Pop Star': Things to Know About Her New Album 'Louder'
- ‘Real Housewives of New Jersey’ Stars Teresa and Joe Giudice Plead Guity to Fraud Charges; Husband to be Deported?
- After Losing An Oscar, Leonardo DiCaprio Sued For Defamation Over Produced Film ‘Out Of The Furnace’
- Powerful Storm Lashes Eastern U.S. with Snow, Arctic Cold
- Teresa Giudice Fraud Trial: 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Star and Husband Joe Giudice to Escape Jail? Couple Plans to Plead Guilty
- Teresa Giudice Trial: 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Star Escape Legal and Dying Father Drama to Ski Resort with Husband and Family