‘Diablo 3’ Release Date Finally Here, Servers Crash After Launch But Reviews Reveal Wizard Class, Runestones, Skills
The "Diablo 3" release date is finally here, and gamers have wasted no time scrambling to Battle.net to begin the adventure. The highly anticipated game launched after more than a decade of waiting at midnight PDT and 3 a.m. EST. But the flood of fans eager to activate their copies online caused servers to slow down, with error messages prompting players and preventing them from logging in.
The issue became so severe that the term "#error 37" began to trend on Twitter following the game's launch. "The servers are busy at this time. Please try again later (Error 37)," the message read.
Up to an hour after the official release, fans were still unable to log in to their Battle.net accounts, according to The Examiner.
"Please note that due to a high volume of traffic, login and character creation may be slower than normal," Blizzard said in an official statement. "If you are unable to login to the game or create characters, please wait and try again. We've temporarily taken our Battle.net websites offline and launched more servers to accommodate for the traffic. We hope to resolve these issues as soon as possible and appreciate your patience."
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Although gamers are expected to be frustrated by the error preventing them from finally diving into "Diablo 3," fans surprisingly took a humorous approach to the situation, even if there is a tinge of sarcasm.
"Facts: Error 37 gets its name from the 37 hamsters powering the #Diablo3 login servers," one player posted on Twitter.
"So how many of you guys took the day off to play Error 37," wrote another.
"It's okay guys, my girlfriend's giving me an error 37 tonight too. :(" a fan tweeted.
As a result of the sluggish servers, limited reviews on "Diablo 3" have been published so far.
"The launch troubles again highlight the controversial issue of online activation," writes Andy Robinson of ComputerAndVideoGames.com.
However, Tom Francis of PCGamer has published his account of his "Diablo 3" experience up to three hours into the game.
When playing the Wizard class during the first big story quest, the combat is said to be "incredibly satisfying." Fans are advised to get Frost Beam immediately, which is a high level skill that was available in the beta. Francis also notes that the new skill system is "bizarre."
"Even as someone who played the beta 10 times, I find the mess of different windows, menus and categories bewildering at times."
The clutter can make it difficult for players to attack with their weapons, as Francis details in his report. The first runestone acquired in the Wizard class is the most unexciting one, he writes. This adds percentage damage to the Magic Missile, which is already almost identical to firing a wand.
However, the third runestone is "phenomenally cool." This makes enemies that are defeated with Charged Bolt explode with an electric blast, killing more enemies with Charged Bolt.
As players begin to advance beyond Tristram, the environments get much prettier, such as orange fields and mossy green temples.
"God, it's nice to be in an area I haven't played through ten times already," Francis writes.
If the plot and setting aren't enough to allure fans, the plot of "Diablo 3" is said to be humorous.
"I'm not generally playing a Diablo game for the plot, but it's worth noting that it's hilarious this time," added Francis. "Sample exposition: 'Of course! Just as the dead rose around the [X], the [Y] drove the goat men to madness!'"
Be sure to check out PCGamer for the full report, and head on over to Battle.net to start playing "Diablo 3."
Follow on Twitter @LisaEadicicco
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Striker Gives Fans a Sign that He Might Head to the Bridge
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for HTC Droid DNA Confirmed: Sense 5.5 Upgrade Also Available
- Liverpool FC Transfer News: Barcelona's Will to Sell Winger Increase Reds Chances
- Nexus 6 Release Date: Nexus 5 Successor to be Cheaper than Moto G?
- Rani Mukherji-Aditya Chopra Wedding: Uday Chopra Becomes Butt of Jokes on Twitter
- Chelsea FC News: Blues Starting Defender and Goalkeeper Ruled Out of Return Leg Against Atletico Madrid
- New York Police Department’s #myNYPD Campaign Backfires: Top 10 Outrageous Tweets, Photos Posted by Disgruntled Public
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Swap Deal Involving Blues and Madrid Defenders Brewing
- Priyanka Chopra Releases New Single 'I Can't Make You Love Me', Shoots Holi-Themed Music Video with Milo Ventimiglia
- ‘2 States’ Box Office Collection: Arjun-Alia Starrer Crosses ₹50 Crore Mark in 5 Days; Beats ‘Ragini MMS 2’