Hearing In Aarushi Murder Case Deferred Till May 16
A Ghaziabad Sessions Court on Monday has adjourned the hearing in the twin murder case of Aarushi Talwar and Hemraj till May 16.
The court adjourned the hearing after giving the order for handing over key documents and a CD to Aarushi's parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, who are co-accused in the murder.
The dentist couple had demanded details of the mobile phone calls made by Krishna, Rajkumar and Vijay Mandal, who were arrested initially in connection to the case.
Rajesh and Nupur also demanded statements of the police officers who investigated the case.
A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court on May 9 rejected the dentist couple's plea seeking more important documents from the CBI in connection to Aarushi's murder.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Special Judicial Magistrate Preeti Singh rejected the demands made by the couple for more documents and transferred the case to the Sessions Court.
Earlier, the trial against the Talwars began in the sessions court on May 11 but the court adjourned the hearing till May 14. On Monday, the sessions court once again adjourned the hearing and also extended the judicial custody of Nupur Talwar by two days.
Teenager Aarushi Talwar was found dead, with her throat slit, at the Talwar residence in Noida in the morning of May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj, Talwars' domestic help, was found on the terrace the next day.
The case has since spiralled into one of the country's biggest unsolved cases, with a prolonged investigation marked by admissions of lack of evidence and dramatic twists.
Nupur and Rajesh maintain that they are innocent and are being framed by the CBI since the agency has not been able to track down the real killers.
- China Blames France's Veolia for Supervision Flaws in Tap Water Pollution Case
- U.N. Security Council Members View Graphic Photos of Syria Dead
- Lindsay Lohan's Mom Dina Lohan Pleads Guilty for DWI and Speeding Charges Against Her, Gets a Sweet Deal
- Boxing News 2014: Philippine Taxwoman Runs Not Only After Pacquiao’s $20M Purse But Also After Winning Bettors in Saturday Rematch
- National Titanic Remembrance Day 2014: Top 15 Fascinating Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- Sonia Gandhi in TV Appeal to Stop 'divisive' BJP
- Baby Murders: Utah Woman Guilty of Killing Her 6 Newborn Babies After Birth; Remains Stuffed in Boxes
- Libya Adjourns Trial of ex-Gaddafi Officials and Sons
- BJP Heading for Majority in General Election: Opinion Poll
- Oscar Pistorius’ High Emotion Could be Alibi