Aamir Khan's Satyamev Jayate Evokes Mixed Response
Aamir Khan's Television debut 'Satyamev Jayate' (Truth Alone Prevails), has evoked mixed response with thousands immediately taking to social media to voice their opinions.
The premier episode that was aired on Star Plus on Sunday, tackled the harsh reality of female foeticide.
Many compared the show to the Oprah Winfrey Show of the West, but remained unsure how it will shape up in the times to come.
"Aamir Khan trying to be the Indian Oprah! Disappointing. He is sooo fake," posted Apar Dham who has studied media.
K Himaanshu Shukla of Scrutiny blog found the show, "Aamir Khan's emotional atyachaar".
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
He posted a status message saying, "I was expecting something different."
But not everyone was skeptical of Aamir's 'crusade pop-pourri'.
Filmmaker Ramesh Taurani praised the actor on his Blackberry Messenger calling him "the best".
Abhigyan Jha, the producer of the online show Jay Hind, said the show reminded him of the days when he "sat writing Rajani with the belief that it would change the country."
He said on Twitter that he wasn't a fan of Aamir, but thought it is a show "well done". "If I were him, I would have tried to do a similar show. Somethings have to be done," added Abhigyan.
"Satyamev Jayate is the Naya Bharat after Mahabharat," wrote producer Manish Goswami.
"Hats off to Aamir Khan for walking the road less traveled and attempting to serve humanity by inspiring millions," said film exhibitor Akshaye Rathi on Facebook.
Bollywood PR guru Dale Bhagwagar said he wasn't yet sure if Aamir's crusade through the show could effectively turn into a movement.
However, on a positive note, Dale said, "The fact that Aamir has managed to make a hardcore entertainment channel see reason to spend their crores on an idealistic cause, should be enough to cheer us up for now."
- New York Police Department’s #myNYPD Campaign Backfires: Top 10 Outrageous Tweets, Photos Posted by Disgruntled Public
- 'Race Gurram' Box Office Collection: Will Allu Arjun's Film Beat 'Yevadu', 'Mirchi' Total Collections?
- Tech Bubble Rising? Greenlight's David Ernhorn Sees Second Bubble in 15 Years Amid Facebook, Twitter Slump
- Liverpool FC Transfer News: Barcelona's Will to Sell Winger Increase Reds Chances
- Nexus 6 Release Date: Nexus 5 Successor to be Cheaper than Moto G?
- Rani Mukherji-Aditya Chopra Wedding: Uday Chopra Becomes Butt of Jokes on Twitter