Crazy Juke-R Race Car Destroys Dubai Supercars in "Desert Nemesis" Video - And You Can Buy It
The wicked little Juke-R -- the unholy spawn of a Nissan Juke mated to GT-R engine -- can tear up the track at speeds up to 160 mph and recently starred in its own noir themed movie "Desert Nemesis" as it faced off under the able hand of driver Lucas Ordonez against Dubai racing master Salah Salahuddin's stable of supercars. And now Nissan says the car will be available to buy -- as least if you're super-rich.
While the car looks like a possessed, track-eating version of Darth Vader's helmet, it soundly trounced three of the world's best supercars from Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari and Lamborghini around an improvised track. And no wonder, the 545-horsepower Juke-R will sport the drivetrain from the 2012 GT-R and according to Nissan holds the title of "world's fastest Crossover."
Although the version raised at the Dubai track is still technically a concept, Nissan has announced that it plans to build the Juke-R and currently has firm orders for three of the cars, two of which have come from a "high-profile and well-respected member of Dubai society."
"The Juke-R was originally intended as a one-off concept to marry two of Nissan's most innovative models. But the reaction we had to the car in Dubai was amazing -- people were making offers for the original on the street," Gareth Dunsmore, Marketing Product Manager, for the Juke said.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
No word yet on how much the Juke-R will cost, but when Top Gear was on the scene driving the car in Dubai, they received an offer of a "seven figure sum on the spot. And the figure didn't even start with a one. Or a two." So figure the car could cost as much as $3,000,000, compared to MSRP on a vanilla Nissan Juke of just $23,930 for the top trim model. Jalopnik reports a somewhat more reasonable price of $600,000. Still, that's roughly 25 regular Jukes.
Watch the Nissan Juke-R Dubai race video "Desert Nemesis" below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- ‘Burqa Man’ Who Killed Wife for Using Internet Gets 17 Years with No Parole
- Reliance Globalcom no Longer for Sale, CEO Says
- Rafter and Hewitt Confirms Joining Williams in the International Premier Tennis League
- International Premier Tennis League: All About the Asian Roadshow: Teams and Format
- Heated Rivalry: Roger Federer Denies Close Friendship With Rafael Nadal
- Tennis News 2014: Novak Djokovic Dropped To No.10 in Road To London Rankings; Boris Becker not Solution
- Roger Federer Talks About First Kiss, Rivals, Tennis, and More
- Dubai Open 2014 Results: Federer Promises More after Winning Sixth Title in UAE
- Dubai Open: Roger Federer Calls Win Over Novak Djokovic Big Step; Swiss Becoming Threat to Rafael Nadal Again
- Dubai Open 2014 Where to Watch Live: Roger Federer Vs Novak Djokovic Live Streaming Information