Madonna's Daughter Smoking: Singer Says ‘She Didn’t Get that From Me’
Madonna's 15-year-old daughter Lourdes Leon was photographed smoking a cigarette in New York and "material mom" is not happy about it. While the legal age for smoking in America is 18 years, Leon was caught breaking the law in New York last month.
The 53-year-old singer finally spoke about her daughter's controversial smoking picture almost a month later. When a photograph of Leon smoking surfaced online, Madonna was not pleased.
The singer, in an interview with NBC's "Rock Center," admitted that she "wasn't very happy" when she came to know about her teenage daughter's controversial picture. Madonna believes that she's a tough mom, but not as tough as she would like to be.
"[I] wasn't very happy," she told Rock Center's Harry Smith. "Honestly, I don't think I'm as tough as I should be. I think I need to be maybe tougher, but it's hard, though. It's hard. Every day is a negotiation."
Although the single mother of four believes that she needs to be tougher with her kids, she also denied that Leon could have picked up the behavior from her.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Cigarette smoking I'm not very fond of -- for anyone. I don't approve of anyone smoking cigarettes, most of all my daughter," she said.
When Smith pointed out her smoking a cigarette in her newest music video, "Girl Gone Wild," Madge got defensive and said it's not quite a case of "do as I say, not as I do."
"I don't smoke," Madonna clarified. That cigarette was "just an accessory...there's a difference. [Lourdes] smoked that cigarette before I did that video. She didn't get that from me."
While Madonna said she had warned her daughter to watch her hemlines, she also admitted that it has not been possible to always enforce the kind of discipline that she actually wants.
"To be a single mother of four and to work as much as I do, to live my life in kind of a metaphorical fishbowl, it's pretty challenging," she said. "But so far I've survived with sanity and humor intact."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- New York Police Department’s #myNYPD Campaign Backfires: Top 10 Outrageous Tweets, Photos Posted by Disgruntled Public
- 'Home Alone' Star Macaulay Culkin Death Hoax Goes Viral: Actor Reportedly Passed Away on Sunday
- James Franco Reveals Kanye West and Kim Kardashian’s Wedding Venue
- Report Reveals World’s Richest Middle Class Found No Longer in US But in Canada
- MH370 Landed Safely Somewhere As No Debris Found Yet: Boeing 777 Did Not Crash?
- GM Seeks U.S. Court Protection Against Ignition Lawsuits
- New Zealand Scientist Mary Quin to Serve as Star Witness to Terrorism Trial in New York
- Bye Lamar Odom; Khloe Kardashian’s New Bad Boy: French Montana - Five Things You Have to Know
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Atlanta Hawks vs Indiana Pacers Game 2 Live Streaming Information
- William Shatner On Why He Live-Tweets ‘Supernatural’ & Other Sci-Fi Shows