'Skyrim' DLC Release Date: 'We Do Make Other Games,' Bethesda Says, 'Dishonored' Trailer Debuts But No 'Elder Scrolls' News [VIDEO]
On April 16th Bethesda teased fans of "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" with a screenshot via Twitter, hinting that a major announcement is to come. However, the new information the company was referring to applies to "Dishonored," not the open-world RPG that will be making its way to Kinect soon.
"Catch the new #Dishonored trailer on YouTube," the Bethesda Blog tweeted on April 17th.
On the previous day, the Twitter account posted a screenshot of a male character that was believed to be part of an upcoming "Skyrim" DLC pack. Bethesda's Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations Pete Hines is known for teasing fans with "Skyrim" tidbits.
However, not all gamers were completely convinced that the new announcement was centered on "Skyrim." On April 16th a fan tweeted at Hines saying that the screenshot resembled a character from a different game, asking if "that is an unofficial 'No, it's not Skyrim.'"
"I will tell you tomorrow, when I tell you what it is. :-)" was Hines' reply.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The video game publishing company also emphasized that their "Elder Scrolls" franchise isn't the only title worth playing.
"You know, we do make other games besides Skyrim. : )" he also tweeted on April 16th.
"I'm simply stating the fact that Bethesda publishes a number of games from a number of studios," another post from the public relations and marketing vice president read.
"Skyrim" fans began predicting a new additional content package when Bethesda filed a patent for the term "Dawnguard" back in March. Since then, the Bethesda Blog has been enticing fans with brief vague updates such as "Stay tuned, it's coming," in response to Twitter inquires about the upcoming content.
The company also announced that some big announcements were to come in April, but this could be the recent reveal of the game's shift to Xbox 360's Kinect.
"You'd better be a 10/10, Dishonored," Xbox 360's official magazine wrote when referring to the "Skyrim" let down.
It's no "Skyrim," but check out the new "Dishonored" trailer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Sonia's 1st Rally in Telangana Today, BJP-TDP Combine Ropes in Film Stars
- Bombay Velvet: Ranbir Kapoor's Look Gets Leaked Again [PHOTOS]
- US Airways NSFW Tweet, Feast for Twitter Users but Eye-Opener for Businessmen
- 'How I Met Your Dad' Fall Release: Will Star Greta Gerwig, Nick D'Agosto, Tiya Sircar, Andrew Santino and Anders Holm
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon 4/16/14
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom: Camera Phone Variant to be Announced as 'Galaxy K' at the 'Kapture the Moment' Event on April 29
- Mimi Faust's Sex Tape: Nikko Smith Denies Being the Co-Star
- IPL 2014 Opening Ceremony: Shah Rukh Khan Lights Up the Stage in UAE [Photos, Videos]
- 'Man of Steel 2' News: Composer Hans Zimmer to Score the Upcoming Batman vs. Superman Film, Costume Reveal Likely to Happen in April or May
- ‘Scandal’ Season 3 Finale [Episode 18] Spoilers: Very Shocking Last Moment in ‘The Price of Free and Fair Election’