'Skyrim' DLC Release Date: 'Stay Tuned' Bethesda Says, What Players Want To See In New Add-Ons
Fans of the epic RPG adventure game "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" have been patiently awaiting new downloadable content. Developer Bethesda Softworks assured fans that the DLC on its way, but console fans may be receiving the additional content packs before PC players.
The upcoming DLC won't be making its way to computers until late May the earliest, reports Game Spy. In Bethesda's announcement that "Skyrim" will be available for the Xbox 360's Kinect, the company said that it has been "hard at work on creating the first set of game add-ons that will be exclusive to the Xbox 360. This additional content will add new quests, locations, features, and much more to the world of Skyrim."
Bethesda's official blog also added to the excitement on Twitter, insinuating that there is more in store for fans than Kinect compatibility. One user tweeted at the company asking if Kinect was the big surprise or if there is more to look forward to.
"Stay tuned!" was Bethesda's concise yet promising response.
Bethesda has yet to confirm an official release date for the DLC and has not revealed what specifically the content will include. However, at the end of March the company filed a patent for the term Dawnguard. These are characters that appear in a previous "Elder Scrolls" game "Oblivion," and some fans believe that Bethesda's claim over the term hints at some new "Skyrim" content. A post in a Gamefaqs forum that was also posted at the end of last month revealed that three new expansion packs will be released in the near future.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
None of this has been officially confirmed or announced by Bethesda, leaving plenty of room for speculation about what additions should be made to the widely-received game. The staff over at Game Informer compiled a list of some add-ons that will make the epic quest-based RPG even more addictive for fans.
At the top of this list was co-op gameplay. "Instead of offering unreliable AI companions, why not let us enlist the help of a friend," wrote Game Informer's Jeff Marchiafava. Collaborating with other players opens up various opportunities, such as combing skills and performing coordinated stealth operations. However, as the gaming website writes, supporting co-op is a difficult endeavor and is therefore unlikely.
New guilds or group storylines would also keep the never-ending game fresh for its players. Each of the currently existing guilds offers a new spin on the open-roam world of Tamriel, and a new sect could expand that even further. For example, wouldn't it be interesting to delve into the battle against Thalmor/Aldermi Dominion to prevent them from controlling "Skyrim?" The forum post that leaked alleged DLC information did hint at a possible Thalmor plot line, so this could be possible.
It is unclear exactly what Bethesda has in the works for its fans, but Xbox 360 players should be getting a taste of it soon. Be sure to check out the rest of Game Informer's list of desired gameplay features, which includes more enchanting/smithing options, spellcrafting, horse combat and more.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Miley Cyrus Spotted with ‘Twilight’s’ Kellan Lutz, Couple Spent Night Together in Bahamas [PHOTOS]
- Ariana Grande to Quit Nickelodeon's 'Sam & Cat?'
- Paul Walker: 'Fast and Furious' Star's Burned Body Photos At Crash Site Up For Sale?
- 'The Originals' Spoilers: Rebekah to Help Tyler Escape The Garden? Executive Producer Michael Narducci Hints Michael Trevino's Return
- Is Pippa Middleton Engaged To Banker Boyfriend Nico Jackson?—Find Out If It’s the Truth Or A Rumor?
- Twitter on TV? Lionsgate Plans To Make A TV Series On Twitter's Creation
- 2013 Comet Lovejoy Shines Brightly, More Stunning Images Surface Online
- X Factor USA 2013: Alex & Sierra Profile - - A Look at America’s Sweethearts on Season 3 Top 3 Finalist [VIDEO]
- Vampire Diaries Season 5: Stefan-Katherine-Elena Love Triangle to Happen?
- The Voice Season 5 (2013) Winner: Meet Tessanne Chin-- Things to Know; Her Journey to Success [Watch Best of Her Performances]