US Silver's 2011 Results Boosted By Rising Prices
U.S. Silver Corp. enjoyed a bountiful 2011, with revenue, net income, and production all increasing, thanks primarily to the rise in the price of silver, while reserves rose for the fifth consecutive year, the company reported on Thursday.
The Toronto-based company reported pretax net income of $21.3 million for the year ended Dec. 31, up from $4.8 million in 2010.
Revenue last year rose to $93.4 million, up 50 percent from $62.4 million the previous year.
A burst in cash flow from operating activities, a 230 percent increase to $29.4 million, saw cash on hand make a similar jump to $27 million from $5.4 million.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
U.S. Silver's reserves increased in excess of production again, with proven and probable reserves at 23.2 million ounces of silver, a 1.3 million ounce increase from last year. The Toronto-based company credited exploration at its Galena mine complex in Idaho for the results.
"We are pleased to report solid performance in 2011 with increases in production, revenue, earnings, and cash flow over the previous year," Executive Chairman Gordon Pridham said in a statement. "This has allowed us to make significant investments in the mine, including a doubling of our exploration spending to $3.8 million. Production and revenue vary from quarter to quarter due to timing and grade variability."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- NBA News: Another Lockout Looming in 2017
- Miranda Kerr is the New Face and Body of Wonderbra
- New Couple Alert? Miley Cyrus and Olympic Skier Gus Kenworthy Hanging Together, Clicking Selfies!
- Windows XP Support Ends On April 8 But OS Will 'Live Long'
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Rolls Out Title Update, Full Patch Notes, Brings Fixes and Free Fall Map
- Mammooty’s ‘Praise The Lord’ and ‘Gangster’ Will Be Out Soon
- Lenovo Opens Pre-Order Window for Flagship Phablet Vibe Z in India
- HTC’s Teaser Image Hints Dual-Camera Feature in ‘All New One’ aka M8
- Miranda Kerr Naked in New Reebok Commercial; Orlando Bloom Try to Win Her Back? [VIDEO]
- HTC One Up Release Date As Specs, Features And Photos 'Leaked Again'