US Silver's 2011 Results Boosted By Rising Prices
U.S. Silver Corp. enjoyed a bountiful 2011, with revenue, net income, and production all increasing, thanks primarily to the rise in the price of silver, while reserves rose for the fifth consecutive year, the company reported on Thursday.
The Toronto-based company reported pretax net income of $21.3 million for the year ended Dec. 31, up from $4.8 million in 2010.
Revenue last year rose to $93.4 million, up 50 percent from $62.4 million the previous year.
A burst in cash flow from operating activities, a 230 percent increase to $29.4 million, saw cash on hand make a similar jump to $27 million from $5.4 million.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
U.S. Silver's reserves increased in excess of production again, with proven and probable reserves at 23.2 million ounces of silver, a 1.3 million ounce increase from last year. The Toronto-based company credited exploration at its Galena mine complex in Idaho for the results.
"We are pleased to report solid performance in 2011 with increases in production, revenue, earnings, and cash flow over the previous year," Executive Chairman Gordon Pridham said in a statement. "This has allowed us to make significant investments in the mine, including a doubling of our exploration spending to $3.8 million. Production and revenue vary from quarter to quarter due to timing and grade variability."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Osborne Ruled with Austerity Statement Full of Promises - But Will Voters Swallow it?
- Christmas 2013: Germany Prepares For Terrifying Tradition Krampus [PHOTOS]
- Toyota Unveils New Land Cruiser Prado in India for ₹84.87 Lakh
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Gold, Red And Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Release Date Coming
- Spoiler Alert: 'The Voice' Season 5 Top 5 Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. Apple iPhone 5s: What To Expect?
- 'The Voice' Season 5 SHOCKER: Top 5 Semi-Finalists Revealed; Talented Singer Voted Out
- Boxing News 2013 – Arum Willing to Start Negotiating Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight, Says It’s Stupid If It Doesn’t Happen
- Jennifer Lawrence Wins Best Supporting Actress For American Hustle
- Miss Earth 2013: India's Sobhita Wins 'Miss Photogenic' Award [PHOTOS]
RBS’s Philip Hampton: Europe Rate-Fix Cartel Fine ‘Sobering Reminder’ of Bank’s Past Failings [VIDEO]