US Silver's 2011 Results Boosted By Rising Prices
U.S. Silver Corp. enjoyed a bountiful 2011, with revenue, net income, and production all increasing, thanks primarily to the rise in the price of silver, while reserves rose for the fifth consecutive year, the company reported on Thursday.
The Toronto-based company reported pretax net income of $21.3 million for the year ended Dec. 31, up from $4.8 million in 2010.
Revenue last year rose to $93.4 million, up 50 percent from $62.4 million the previous year.
A burst in cash flow from operating activities, a 230 percent increase to $29.4 million, saw cash on hand make a similar jump to $27 million from $5.4 million.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
U.S. Silver's reserves increased in excess of production again, with proven and probable reserves at 23.2 million ounces of silver, a 1.3 million ounce increase from last year. The Toronto-based company credited exploration at its Galena mine complex in Idaho for the results.
"We are pleased to report solid performance in 2011 with increases in production, revenue, earnings, and cash flow over the previous year," Executive Chairman Gordon Pridham said in a statement. "This has allowed us to make significant investments in the mine, including a doubling of our exploration spending to $3.8 million. Production and revenue vary from quarter to quarter due to timing and grade variability."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Honda Activa 125 Price Revealed; Launch on 28 April
- Rumer Willis Underwear Shows through Raunchy Outfit at Music Concert Celebration
- No Delay in 'Kochadaiiyaan' Release; Rajinikanth Starrer Set to Hit Screens on 9 May
- Dulquer Salmaan vs Gautham Karthik: 'Vaayai Moodi Pesavum' to Clash with 'Yennamo Yedho'
- Suzuki Let’s Bookings Open in India; Price, Launch Details
- New Zealand Prime Minister's BMW Thrown Eggs, Ball, Rock Amid Protests in Napier
- HTC One M8: Mini Version Heading to Verizon, Availability of Android Smartphone Set in May 2014?
- Adobe Flash Player 12: Review, Highlight, Prerequisite, Support; Available as Free Download
- Lindsay Lohan Disses 'Hunger Games' star Jennifer Lawrence—Find Out What She Has to Say About JLaw
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Spoilers: Marlene King Reveals Movie Plan, A ‘Hungry, Desperate Kiss’ Plus Toby Absent in Season 5, Episode 7