Harry Potter Star Sentenced to Two Years in Prison
Harry Potter star Jamie Waylett has been sent to prison. Twenty-two year old Waylett is better known as Vincent Crabbe, the Hogwarts bully.
Waylett has been given a two year sentence for violent disorder and one year for receiving stolen goods for his part in the London riots last August. Waylett was part of a four member gang that took to the streets of London while the riots were going on.
Waylett, who also had a fire bomb in his possession at the time of the riots, was cleared of intention to harm with the bomb. The judge said that although Waylett did not have intention of using the device, just possessing it could've caused terror.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
A CCTV footage shows Waylett drinking champagne that had been stolen from a local Sainsbury store. Admitting his charge, Waylett said that he had been an "idiot". He also added that he'd succumbed to peer pressure and had got caught up in a moment of hype and euphoria.
This is not the first time that the Harry Potter star has been arrested for illegal acts. In 2009, Waylett was arrested for possessing cannabis. Police officers had found eight bags of cannabis in his Audi car and also ten plants in his house that grew the drug. Waylett was 19 at the time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Near Signing Madrid Forward for £35million as Discussions Take Place
- 'Qubool Hai' Star Karan Singh Grover and Wife Jennifer Winget to Part Ways?
- 7 Things to Know about 'Divergent' Star and Shailene Woodley's Rumored Boyfriend Theo James
- Robert Pattinson Dating Rita Ora?
- MTV Roadies Host Rannvijay Singha Marries Girlfriend Priyanka in Dubai [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
- Heartbleed Bug: Canada Arrests Teen for Alleged Data Theft on Tax Agency
- Shailene Woodley is Excited to Reunite with Theo James and Cast; “Divergent” Sequels to Hit Pre-Production
- Jay Z and Beyonce to Hit the Roads this Summer for a Tour!
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Boss Reveals Blues Striker 'would Love' to Return to Boyhood Club
- Youngest British Parents? 12-Year-Old Girl Gives Birth to 13-Year-Old Boyfriend's Healthy Baby