Harry Potter Star Sentenced to Two Years in Prison
Harry Potter star Jamie Waylett has been sent to prison. Twenty-two year old Waylett is better known as Vincent Crabbe, the Hogwarts bully.
Waylett has been given a two year sentence for violent disorder and one year for receiving stolen goods for his part in the London riots last August. Waylett was part of a four member gang that took to the streets of London while the riots were going on.
Waylett, who also had a fire bomb in his possession at the time of the riots, was cleared of intention to harm with the bomb. The judge said that although Waylett did not have intention of using the device, just possessing it could've caused terror.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
A CCTV footage shows Waylett drinking champagne that had been stolen from a local Sainsbury store. Admitting his charge, Waylett said that he had been an "idiot". He also added that he'd succumbed to peer pressure and had got caught up in a moment of hype and euphoria.
This is not the first time that the Harry Potter star has been arrested for illegal acts. In 2009, Waylett was arrested for possessing cannabis. Police officers had found eight bags of cannabis in his Audi car and also ten plants in his house that grew the drug. Waylett was 19 at the time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Malaria Spreads to Higher Altitudes: Study
- 'If London Were Syria' Video on Brutality of War Goes Viral with Over 2 Million Views [PHOTOS,VIDEO]
- ‘Queen’ Review Roundup: Watch it for Kangana's Superb Performance
- Statue of Liberty, Sydney Opera House May Soon be Lost Due to Sea Level Rise: Scientists Warns
- Niall Horan is Back to Dating Victoria’s Secret Model Barbara Palvin: Is he trying to Make Selena Gomez Jealous?
- Cat Invasion: Someone Opens Another Cat Café; Why Do People Love Cats?
- A Fresh Blow as Australia Loses to Ecuador
- Arsenal Transfer News: 'Robin Van Persie Knew Staying Loyal to Arsenal Meant Zero Trophies, But Dutchman Regrets Man United Move'
- Australia Gears Up For FIFA World Cup 2014
- Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S4 International Rolling Out: New Lock Screen, Home Screen, User Interface and More Stable System