Samsung Exynos 5 Specs Leaked, Chip to Come in Next-Gen Galaxy Tablet?
The specifications for Samsung's Exynos 5 chipset have reportedly been leaked, according to a report by Land of Droid. The details include the possibility that Samsung is planning to utilise a quad-core CPU in its Galaxy S3 smartphone, which has built-in LTE and WCDMA radios.
These details were reportedly unearthed by SemiAccurate, who claims to have noticed and confirmed a slide on the Exynos 5 specifications at the Common Platform Technology forum.
The Exynos 5 is a 32nm A15 core chip with an ARM Mali T-604 MP4 GPU. It will run at 2GHz, have two CPU cores and four GPU cores and 64-bit memory up to 1600MHz. However, the Exynos 5 may not be used in a mobile phone.
The Exynos 5, according to Android Authority, is expected to be seen sometime in the fall of this year... in a next-gen Galaxy tablet.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
There was a report in the Korean Times suggesting Samsung is likely to use single-chip solutions for the forthcoming Galaxy S3 to reduce dependence on Qualcomm.
"Samsung is paying huge amounts to Qualcomm in return for using its single-chip solutions in strategic digital devices, however, Qualcomm is gradually losing its edge,'' a Samsung executive was quoted as saying.
"Samsung has a stronger intent to lower its dependence on Qualcomm and our technicians believe that we have made significant progress in producing logic-based chips for high-end devices, combined logic and memory chips for graphic controllers and core communication chips for Internet-enabled consumer devices," another Samsung executive was quoted as saying, adding, "Our long-term plan is clear. Using Samsung Solutions for Samsung products."
For photos check here...
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Hundreds Dead in Central African Republic as Christians and Muslims Clash
- Central African Republic: French Military Operation Under Way
- New Zealand Named World's Least Corrupt Nation, Scores 91 Out Of 100
- Android 4.4.1 KOT49E KitKat Update Available for Nexus 10 [How to Install]
- Gionee Pioneer P3 with Quad-Core Processor Launched in India for ₹7,499
- Top 5 Best Android Smartphones 2013: Google Nexus 5, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Note 3 And Moto X