Google Nexus 7-Inch Tablet: Done Deal?
Now, however, reports from Android and Me not only indicate the device is close to completion but may even have revealed its price. Apparently, the tablet, which will be manufactured by Taiwan-based giant ASUS, will retail for between $149 - $199.
The above information has supposedly been obtqined from a source at a US-based supply chain company, who wished to remain anonymous.
Incidentally, the tablet will not feature the Tegra 3 quad-core processor. The report further suggests that no further technical information is forthcoming, apart from the fact it will have a 7-inch screen.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"It's a done deal," the source has been quoted as saying to Android and Me. The provisional name of the device is Nexus Tablet.
According to earlier rumours, the tablet could have retailed for between $199 and $249. However, it seems Google has lowered the price range a bit, probably in order to compete with other low-cost tablets, a report in Slash Gear speculates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Top High-End Tablet PCs Available in the Indian Market
- Samsung ‘Milk Music’ Radio Streaming App Launched; Features, Compatibility Details
- Nokia X Android Smartphone to Launch in India on 10 March: Report
- Government to Set up Inflation Target, RBI to Implement - Chidambaram
- iPhone 6 Release Date Nears as iPhone 5S Price Tag Down to $119 at Walmart & $150 at Best Buy
- Reliance Globalcom no Longer for Sale, CEO Says