Osama Bin Laden's Obama Assassination Plot: Joe Biden 'Unprepared' For Presidency, Al-Qaeda Chief Claimed
Slain al-Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden plotted to kill President Barack Obama because he believed Vice President Joe Biden was ill-prepared to lead the country, according to soon-to-be released declassified documents first obtained by The Washington Post.
Osama bin Laden also wanted to kill Gen. David Petraeus and ordered al-Qaeda to set special terror cells into motion to take action, although the plots were never a serious threat, the Post reported.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Why did bin Laden want to assassinate the president?
"Obama is the head of infidelity and killing him automatically will make (Vice President Joe) Biden take over the presidency. ... Biden is totally unprepared for that post, which will lead the U.S. into a crisis," bin Laden said to a top lieutenant, according to the Post." As for Petraeus, he is the man of the hour ... and killing him would alter the war's path" in Afghanistan.
The Washington Post obtained the documents, which are declassifed and will soon be made available to the public. They were taken from the May 2 raid on bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
Bin Laden was shot and killed during the raid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Time Person of the Year 2013: Pope Francis Glad, Vatican Cool [VIDEO]
- Michelle Unmoved by Barack Obama's Selfie with Danish PM, Says Nelson Mandela Memorial Photographer
- Nelson Mandela Lying in State: Emotional Scenes as Family, Celebrities and Ordinary South Africans Pay Respects [PHOTOS]
- Al-Qaida-Linked Rebels Kidnap El Mundo Journalists in Syria
- Car Bomb near Iraqi Cafe Kills 11
- Lee Rigby Trial: I Am a Soldier of Allah, Michael Adebolajo Tells Court
Huge Memorial Service for Mandela at 95,000 Capacity FNB stadium; List of World Leaders Present at Event
Supreme Court Says Gay Sex Illegal, Overturns 2009 Ruling; Black Day for LGBT Community, Says Lawyer