Apple iPad 3 Release: The Best Cases, Covers And Carriers For The New iPad [PHOTOS]
The Apple iPad 3 release date has finally arrived. Hoards of Apple fans have already lined to up in order to be the first to get their hands on the newest tablet. The iPad 3 will hit shelves in the U.S. and nine other countries at 8 a.m. local time.
The Wall Street Journal reported on the first sales that took place down under in Australia, where about 200 people were lined up around the block outside the Apple flagship store in Sydney. In Tokyo, more than 450 people were queued along a two-block stretch in the upscale neighborhood of Ginza.
Apple is hoping to hold onto its approximate 60 percent share of the tablet market with the new iPad. The iPad 3 comes complete with a sharp retina display, 4G LTE capability, voice dictation, updated iSight camera, a sleek frame similar to that of the iPad 2 and price within the $499 to $829 range.
Of course, after purchasing your new iPad you are going to need a case, cover and/or carrier. Here are some of the best options available to keep your iPad 3 safe from any harm.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
- Apple iPad Smart Cover: Apple's iPad Smart Cover is one of the best out there. Simply snap the magnetic hinge of the Smart Cover in place and BAM! an instantly revitalized iPad. The Smart Cover is thin and sleek to it will complement the body of your iPad 3. The cover folds up so you can move it to make your iPad stand at different angles. Close the cover and your iPad will go to sleep. These covers come in a rainbow of colors and polyurethane or leather material. (Apple, $39)
- ZAGG Leather Skins: "Timeless" and "stylish" are two words that come to mind when one see the ZAGG Leather Skins for the new iPad. This is the cover one would picture Don Draper using if iPad existed in "Mad Men" land. Buy the cover plus an invisibleSHIELD screen coverage for ultimate protection. (zagg.com, $39.99-$79.98)
- Zazzle: Zazzle offers a wide array of iPad cases with elaborate designs. If your taste ranges from graffiti art and floral patterns to fine art and damask, this is the place to go. The wild patterns will surely have people talking about your iPad. You can even create your own case if you cannot find what you are looking for in the pre-made selection. (zazzle.com; prices may vary)
- Cygnett: Cygnett's High-Class Case for the iPad 3 will keep your tablet looking stylish each and every day. The bright red of the patent leather is truly eye-catching and the case includes a fold-over cover for double protection. It also converts into a stand and includes a magnetic on/off feature. (us.cygnett.com, $59.99)
- Dodocase: Dodocase has updated its classic case for the iPad 3. The Dodcase's most popular journal-style case has been updated for Apple's new tablet. Splashes of color have been thrown in, including: Granite/Poppy, Meadow/Lake, Tahoe/Sunrise and Sandy/Earth. The case is made with an eco-friendly bamboo tray and bookbinding cloth. It is handcrafted in San Francisco using traditional bookbinding techniques. (Dodocase.com, $79.95)
- iLuv: The iLuv CEOFolio case for the iPad 3 is a briefcase, folder and iPad case all in one. The sturdy black leather will hid any dirt or stains while protecting your iPad inside. There are numerous pocket slots for business cards, credit cards, IDs and more. The case also comes with an ePen stylus holder and a slot for a note pad (though not included). (i-luv.com, $79.99)
- Marc Jacobs Quilted iPad Case: For the ladies, Marc Jacobs makes a stunning quilted iPad case that looks like a handbag - with a zip top, quilted body jewelry-like curb chain shoulder strap with lambskin inset and cotton-blend lining to protect the screen of your tablet. The timeless look is complemented with fun, candy colors including pink, coral, berry and bright yellow. (Neiman Marcus, $495)
- Oakley Alpha Charlie Messenger Bag: For the gentlemen, the Oakley Alpha Charlie messenger bag is a cool, urban carrying case for your iPad 3 while you are on the move. The weatherproof material will keep your tablet safe from any external harm and the multi-colored body gives it a flashy look. It even comes stocked with headphones. Added bonus! (Oakley, $100)
- Palmer & Sons HipBag No. 19: This is one good looking iPad carrier. Mad with an interior strap and felt back padding to keep your iPad 3 safe, this carrier also includes 10 oz London Tan Bridle Leather; brass rivets throughout; panic clasp closures; and dimensions of approximately 9.25" x 8" x 2.5." (palmerandsons.ca, $310 Canadian Dollars)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Nexus 10 2: Google To Push Back Launch to 2014? Will 10inch tablet Line be Phased Out?
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. iPhone 5S: Comparing Specs And Features
- Top 5 Free Cloud Storage Apps for Apple Users
- Justin Bieber Insults Young Fan: Called Her a “Beached Whale” After Tour in Australia [See Photos]
- Australian Army 'Fear Management' Exercise so Tough it Caused Mental Illness
- 130 Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Discovered by Colombian Palaeontologists [VIDEO]
Madhya Pradesh Election Result: BJP's Shivraj Singh Chouhan to Continue as CM, Jyotiraditya Scindia Upset