Volkswagen Golf Three-Door Spied
By Car Advice | February 28, 2012 11:53 AM IST
An all-new Mk7 Volkswagen Golf prototype has been spotted testing in winter conditions. This is the first time a three-door wearing the all-new body has been spotted.
As previously reported, the Mk7 Golf will be built on Volkswagen Group's versatile MQB platform. The platform will underpin the new Audi A3, set to be unveiled at Geneva next week, as well as a number of new vehicles from various Volkswagen Group brands including Audi, Volkswagen, Skoda and Seat.
The new platform has been developed with a number of unique innovations, such as multi-collision brake technology. All variants will come equipped with this added safety feature which applies the brakes as soon as an initial impact is made, reducing the chances of a second follow-up collision.
Although covered in heavy camouflage, underneath sits the all-new Golf. Judging by the relatively small alloy wheels, this model is likely an entry-to-mid-level variant. It appears the model also features a glass roof, which could become an option for certain variants.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
As for engine options, it's still a bit too early to know for sure. The new model is expected to come with a number of new petrol and diesel powertrains, including a new 1.0-litre three-cylinder engine producing approximately 50kW, right up to a new 1.8-litre engine for the GTI producing up to 165kW.
The new model is set to hit Europe later in the year overseas ahead of a 2013 launch in Australia.
- China to Spurn Export Reliance and Focus on Asean Partnerships for Economic Growth
- Feature: A Promise of an “Intergalactic” New Year’s Eve Fireworks at Sydney Opera House
- Newspoll: PM Tony Abbott, Coalition Slumps in Ratings While Bill Shorten, Labor Shines
- Don't Blame David Moyes, Manchester United's Crisis Has Been Years in the Making
- Auto Expo 2014: Top Cars Expected to Dazzle at Event
- Stolen Radioactive Material Recovered in Mexico