Mumbai Terror Attack: Court Accepts NIA's Chargesheet Against David Coleman Headley
By W Rorrkychand Singh | February 18, 2012 7:16 PM IST
A chargesheet filed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) against Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operative David Coleman Headley in connection with the 2008 Mumbai terror attack case was accepted by a Delhi court in New Delhi Saturday.
The NIA charged Headley and eight others with criminal conspiracy in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks in the chargesheet.
The eight others who were charged by the NIA in the chargesheet include Tawahur Hussain Rana, Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and Hafiz Saeed.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Earlier in December, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) gave sanctions to the NIA to file chargesheet against Headley and two Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) officials in connection to the 2008 Mumbai terror attack case.
Headley, a conspirator of the Nov 2008 attack on India's financial capital that killed at least 166 people, including six Americans, and injured over 300, testified against his former schoolmate Tahawwur Hussain Rana who allegedly provided logistical support during Headley's recon missions.
Earlier, Assistant U.S. Attorney Sarah Streicker said that the 50-year-old Rana provided cover for Headley by helping him pose as a representative for his Chicago-based immigration business while Headley took photos and videos of targets in Mumbai.
Rana's attorneys had portrayed Headley as a master manipulator who tricked his friend.
- SC Red Beacon Order: Heart Patient Dies After J&K Police Holds Up Ambulance
- Apple Ranks 35th In Best Places To Work 2014, Wins Over Samsung In South Korea
- Bangladesh's Supreme Court Uphelds Abdul Kader Mullah's Death Sentence
- Most Popular Roles of Superstar Rajinikanth
- Bigg Boss 7: Sofia Hayat Lodges Police Complaint against Armaan Kohli under Gauhar-Kushal’s Advice
- Kannada Box Office: 'Dyaavre' Makers Arranging Special Screening for Naseeruddin Shah
Huge Memorial Service for Mandela at 95,000 Capacity FNB stadium; List of World Leaders Present at Event