Sunovia Energy Technologies, Inc. (SUNV) EvoLucia Cobra Head Wins Lighting Industry’s Top Award
By QualityStocks | April 27, 2011 12:12 AM IST
Sunovia Energy Technologies today announced that its lighting division EvoLucia’s LED Cobra Head SCHX5 was given the award for Best Outdoor Street Light, in its class, by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD) and the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) in the 2010 Next Generation Luminaires™ Solid State Lighting Design Competition.
SCHX5 utilizes the EvoLucia’s patent pending Aimed Optics technology, which strategically directs light to the target area and provides better illumination with less electricity. The SCHX5 won the competition with its ability to put the most footcandles on the ground in a designated pattern, with the best uniformity while using the fewest LEDs and least power consumed.
The DOE, IALD and IES thoroughly evaluated five of EvoLucia’s Cobra Head units, focusing their evaluation on the lowest glare, highest efficiency, best thermal management, highest uniformity and most efficient optics.
“The entire team at EvoLucia applauds the DOE, IALD and IES for advancing the awareness and market-acceptance of innovative LED lighting technologies that are worthy of specification by lighting designers,” Bob Fugerer, chief technology officer of Sunovia, stated in the press release. “There is no question that LEDs are setting new standards for general illumination lighting. We are delighted that the distinguished judging panel has recognized the pace-setting efficiencies in energy and light utilization that our Aimed Optics™ technology has made possible in next generation LED roadway and parking area luminaire design.”
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
EvoLucia’s Aimed LED Lighting is an effective, energy-efficient and environmentally friendly light source. Sunovia’s proprietary optical light patterns allow for a 20 percent more efficient light while using 10 percent less energy than its LED competitors.
For more information visit www.sunoviaenergy.com or www.evolucialighting.com
- Formula One News: Narain Karthikeyan Bemoans Lack of Support for F1 in India
- Pope Francis Names Top Economists, Finance Experts to Vatican Body
- 5 Tips to Top MBA Interview
- Asia Cup 2014 Final Preview: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka Live Streaming Information
- I'll Continue till I Become Burden for Pakistan, Says Shahid Afridi
- Brisbane Roar Targets Francesco Totti
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon 3/7/14
- NBA News: Another Lockout Looming in 2017
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday 3/7/14
- Indian GP Return in 2015 Ruled Out by F1 Boss Ecclestone