Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh spoke about combat enhancement and operational readiness among the soldiers, and forming of a Quick Reaction Force within the Indian Army during the annual press conference.
Below are the highlights of his conference
- Our endeavor is to enhance the capability of our acquisition mechanism. We have a focused commitment towards enhancing the combating power
- We are looking at avenues for women officers in the Army
- A Quick Reaction Force is being formed to enhance the combating power
- We will charge at any militant trying to enter the Line of Control (LoC)
- We should wait for conditions to improve before making changes to the national strategy regarding the army deployment in Jammu and Kashmir as the forces need to remain in the state under the current circumstances
- Attempts on to ensure ceasefire violations are adhered to by both sides. It is our endeavor to control it, not escalate it. This contention that Indian Army did not act is wrong, soldiers reacted well wherever it was required
- Our men said they spotted 3 terrorist who were trying to infiltrate, our men then controlled fire on them
- Today's ceasefire violation in KG sector is first after 2 DGMOs meet. I have asked our DGMO to take up matter with Pakistan counterpart.
- At the moment positive with meetings that took place, will have brigadier level meet too. The DGMOs are speaking on a regular basis. I am sure this will ensure ceasefire along the LoC
- There is inadequacy at the moment regarding infrastructure development along Indo-China Line of actual control.
- There is zero tolerance towards human rights violation.
- If rules are followed by our neighbors, we follow them too. If rules are broken, we won't sit on it, we will break them too