Apple will be releasing its upcoming devices – iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus – this month as expected. Almost every detail about the device from launch date to features to price have been leaked, despite the Cupertino giant remaining tight-lipped.
It was earlier reported that the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will be announced on 11 September but that won't be the case now, with Apple sending out press invites to its event scheduled on 9 September. So it is obvious that the new iPhones will be unveiled on Wednesday and its launch date should fall on 18 September if the company follows its past tradition.
Nobody is sure of the price of the handsets but a report by 9to5mac has claimed that the price will be similar to that of the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus. The 16 GB, 64 GB, and 128 GB versions of the iPhone 6s are expected to be priced $199, $299, and $399 (on contract), respectively, while the iPhone 6S Plus will be available for $299, $399, and $499 (on contract).
Here are 5 new developments of iPhone 6s ahead of its release:
1. Several leaks have claimed that 32 GB version of iPhone 6s might be seen when released but latest reports have said that the device will come in 16 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB variants, just like the iPhone 6.
2. Apple is expected to address one of the biggest complaints of its fans by housing a powerful battery in its upcoming device, the iPhone 6s, but a report by cnBeta (via Forbes) has claimed that it will come with a 1715 mAh battery against 1810 mAh seen in the iPhone 6, and the iPhone 6S Plus is expected to come with a 2750 mAh battery as against 2910 mAh seen in the iPhone 6 Plus.
3. Apple's new devices are said to be thicker than their predecessors. MacRumors reported that the iPhone 6s will be thicker than the iPhone 6 -- 0.2 mm increase in overall thickness. M.I.C. Gadget also reported that the iPhone 6s will be 7 mm thick compared to 6.9 mm in iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s Plus will be 7.13 mm thick as against iPhone 6 Plus' 7.1 mm.
4. Many would expect the new iPhones to come with new looks but reports claimed that the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will look similar to their predecessors except for the screen size. Leaked images of the purported devices have also indicated the same.
5. The new iPhones are expected to have camera that's capable of taking photos with DSLR quality but nobody has spoken or written about it. Now, Business Insider has reported citing sources from Apple's supply chain that the company has ordered suppliers to "produce five-element lenses for the iPhone 6S that are designed to work with 12-megapixel camera sensors". A bigger sensor allows more light to enter, so it can take pictures with much better quality.