After rolling out seven iOS 9.3 beta versions to developers, Apple has finally released the iOS 9.3 to public Monday, March 21.
The new iOS 9.3 is a major update. This 1.7GB update brings new features such as night-shift mode, smart education upgrades, Notes app with Touch ID security, new options in CarPlay, Health app, News app and security patches.
How to install iOS 9.3 update on iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch:
Via OTA (Over-The-Air):
1. Settings >> General >> Software update
[Tip: Users' who want to install the update directly on the device via OTA, make sure to clear enough device storage space and also make sure the device has more than 50 percent battery life, before downloading the new OS firmware]
1. Back up your iPhone or iPad with either iCloud or via iTunes.
2. Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
3. Make sure you are on the latest version of iTunes. Go to About and then Check for Updates or visit iTunes.com.
4. Plug in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it isn't already.
5. Click on iPhone, iPad, or iPod in the top left navigation.
6. Click on the Check for Update button in the first section that contains information about your device and alternately you can click restore instead if you'd like to do a clean wipe with updated software.
7. An update should be recognised, click on Download and Update in the pop-up menu and agree to terms or conditions.
8. Unlock your device with your passcode if prompted in order to continue with the upgrade.
List of Apple iPhones, iPads and iPods compatible with iOS 9.3 update:
|Apple device category||iPhones||iPads||iPod Touch|
|Device versions eligible for iOS 9.3 update||iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus||iPad mini (1 Gen), iPad mini (2 Gen), iPad mini (3 Gen), iPad Mini (4 Gen) iPad (2 Gen), iPad (2 Gen), iPad (4 Gen), iPad Air (1 Gen), iPad Air (2 Gen)||iPod Touch (6th Gen) and 5th Gen as well,|