American technology company Apple has reportedly confirmed the new iOS v8.4 will be released on Tuesday morning.
Apple Music senior director Ian Rogers, while replying to a fan's query on Twitter, confirmed that the new iOS 8.4 seeding will commence on 30 June at 8:00 am PT (8:30 pm IST) and Apple sponsored Beats 1 radio show will go live an hour later (i.e., 9:00 am PT/ 9:30 pm IST).
The radio station will be hosted by acclaimed DJ Zane Lowe.
Apple Inc. has lined up scores of celebrity guests for the show including Elton John, Dr Dre, Pharrell, and Drake. [Note: Marshall B Mathers aka Eminen is also expected to feature later].
Apple Beats 1 radio will be available only on iDevices upgraded to v8.4 OS, which will come pre-loaded with Apple Music app.
As a trial offer, Apple Music subscription can be enjoyed for free for the first three months and post the trial period, users will have to pay a monthly fee for the service.
Individual users will have to pay $9.99 (around €8.99/₹638)/month, while the family (up to six members) pack will cost $14.99 (around €13.49/₹957)/ month in the US.
Beats 1 radio service will be free for all users with official Apple ID. [More information HERE]
[Note: In India, individual and family subscriptions are expected to cost around ₹120 and ₹180 per month, respectively]
How to install iOS 8.4 update on iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch:
Via iTunes (courtesy, iMore):
- Back up your iPhone or iPad with either iCloud or via iTunes.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Make sure you're on the latest version of iTunes. Go to About and then Check for Updates or visit iTunes.com.
- Plug in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it isn't already.
- Click on iPhone, iPad, or iPod in the top left navigation.
- Click on the Check for Update button in the first section that contains information about your device — alternately you can click restore instead if you'd like to do a clean wipe with updated software.
- An update should be recognized, click on Download and Update in the popup menu and agree to any terms or conditions.
- Unlock your device with your passcode if prompted in order to continue with the upgrade.
Via OTA (Over-The-Air):
- Settings >> General >> Software update
[Tip: Users who want to install the update directly on the device via OTA should make sure to clear enough device storage space before downloading the new OS firmware]