India-based Intex Technologies has come out with yet another budget offering that is priced at $96 (Rs 6,400). Intex Aqua Strong 5.2 continues Intex's Aqua range of budget smartphones. The USP of the new handset, apart from its price tag, is that it runs Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) straight out of the box which is a rarity in similar-range and similarly-priced smartphones.
Intex Aqua Strong 5.2 also offers dual SIM-card slots which means that users can segregate their business as well as personal calls. The phone also features a 5-inch display and a 5 MP rear camera (with dual-LED flash); similar to the Microsoft Lumia 535 released in 2014. Other key technical specifications of the former include:
- 5-inch display having resolution of 854 x 480 and pixel density of approximately 200 ppi
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) operating system; out of the box
- 1 GHz MediaTek quad-core SoC
- 5 MP rear camera with dual-LED flash
- 2 MP front camera
- 2GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 32GB
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 2800 mAh battery with unknown talktime
These key technical specifications, on paper look appealing to those stuck with shoe-string budgets and looking at purchasing their first 4G smartphone. However, the real-world test of Intex Aqua Strong 5.2 is still yet to materialise.