The hacktivist group, Anonymous, and the US-based tech company CloudFlare are embroiled in a virtual war as Anonymous has, again, publicly tried to shame the company for, allegedly, providing services to Isis websites.
— X Sec (@offical_Xsec) November 15, 2015
The hacktivism group had recently launched an operation called #OpParis after the Paris attacks, vowing to take down twitter accounts of Isis members and, to reveal the websites that propagate Islamic State propaganda.
Reacting to the group's allegations the CEO, Mathew Prince said, "I did see a Twitter handle said that they were mad at us. I'd suggest this was armchair analysis by kids - it's hard to take seriously. Anonymous uses us for some of its sites, despite pressure from some quarters for us to take Anonymous sites offline."
Earlier, in April, CloudFlare had been attacked by the hacktivist group calling it "the largest offender" when they released a list of companies hosting Isis affiliated websites.
In April, the co-founder and CEO of CloudFlare, Matthew Prince, in an interview with IBTimes UK had said, "Individuals have decided that there is content they disagree with but the right way to deal with this is to follow the established law enforcement procedures. There is no society on Earth that tolerates mob rule because the mob is fickle."
Following the release of a list of websites affiliated to Isis by Anonymous, web-hosting companies like Google, Yahoo! and GoDaddy had shut down the websites.
The UK-based Web Hosting UK (WHUK) company had said, "We take matters like this very seriously and actively remove websites such as this, that breach our acceptable use policy as soon as we are made aware of them."
However, Prince, said, "Even if we were hosting sites for ISIS, it wouldn't be of any use to us ... I should imagine those kinds of people pay with stolen credit cards and so that's a negative for us", after the recent round-up done by the hacktivism group, reports Business Insider.