To simplify your Android experience, Google has created a new support page on its website. Google has detailed a few easy-to-follow steps with the help of which you can accomplish several tasks. But for doing that, you need to link your computer with your Android smartphone. Follow the steps to do so:
- Open your Android phone and navigate to the Google app page on the Play Store app. Click to update.
- Turn on Google Now
- Open the Google app on your phone. In the top left corner, tap the Menu icon> > Settings >> Now cards.
- Turn on Show cards toggle.
- Turn on the Show notifications toggle.
- No go to the Account History page. Make sure it's activated. Sign in to your browser.
- Open the Google app on your Android phone. In the top left corner, click the Menu icon.
- In the top left corner, you'll see the email address that you use for the Google app.
- Open the google.com web on your computer browser. Check the top right corner of the page. If you're already signed in, your email ID should be prompted. If not, sign in using the Google Account you use for the Google app.
- Do one of the searches below, like note to self, or send directions to my phone. If a box doesn't pop up with the option to send information to your phone, refresh the page by pressing F5 key. If you just turned on Google Now, it may take a few minutes for the box to show up.
After successfully connecting your smartphone to your computer you can do the following tasks:
Find your Phone
On your computer browser, open the google.com page for "find my phone" option. If the phone is turned on and connected to the internet, Google will show you the exact location of your phone. If the location is unavailable, you can make it ring for 5 minutes in full volume.
On your computer browser, open the google.com page for "Send directions to my Phone". Enter your desired destination and then click send direction to your phone. Google will send you a notification on your phone, click to navigate the destination using Google Maps app.
Send a Note
On your computer browser, open the google.com page for send a note to my phone. Type in the note and click Send note to your Phone.
Set an Alarm
On your computer browser, open the google.com page for "Set an Alarm" feature. Choose the time and click set an alarm on your phone.
Set a Reminder
On your computer browser, open the google.com page to set a reminder. Type in what you want to be reminded about and click "remind me on devices".