After months of delay, American network carrier T- Mobile released the Android Marshmallow update to 2015 series flagship phablets â€“ Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 â€” in the U.S.
The new update with baseband versions N910TUVU2DPE3 (or N910T3UVU1DPE3) and N915TUVU2CPE3, which weigh around 1.51GB, are being deployed to the Galaxy Note 4 (N910) and Note Edge (N915), respectively, via Over-The-Air (OTA), the company said on the support page.
The new Android Marshmallow brings the Doze battery optimisation feature, improved "Now on Tap" search option, support for more international dialects, silent mode to the sound profile, a do-not-disturb option, performance-enhancing optimisations, enhanced boot security system, and many more.
In addition to the Marshmallow features, Samsung devices get enhanced TouchWiz UI features and Google's latest June security updates.
The Galaxy Note 4 will also receive Anti-theft update (N910T3UVU1DPE3) and also a fix for Google Voice bug (N910TUVU2DPE3).
How to check for OTA update on Samsung phones:
1.From the home screen, tap Settings
2.Scroll down to 'System,' and then tap About device.
3.Tap Download updates manually.
6.A restart message will appear, tap OK.
Since the OTA update is carried out in stages, it will take a couple of days to reach all corners of the country.
How to download and install the update manually on Samsung phone via computer:
1. Make sure Samsung Smart Switch software is installed on computer (or else download here)
2. Connect the cable to a compatible USB port on your computer.
3. Connect the other end of the cable to your mobile device.
4. Allow your computer to install any required drivers for your device. This process may take a few minutes.
5. Open Smart Switch on your computer, and allow it to make the connection.
6. If a software update is available for your device, Smart Switch will automatically prompt you to update. At any time, you can click Update.
7. Click Update to begin downloading the necessary files.
8. Click OK to proceed. Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. Once complete the device will return to the Home screen.