T-Mobile has started rolling out the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA (over-the-air) update to its variant of LG Stylo and HTC One (M8). The firmware update notification will come to these devices any time now as the seeding has already begun.
The carrier has announced that the firmware update for its variant of LG Stylo has already begun and owners of the devices will receive it between March 7 and March 21 via OTA. The update weighing 767MB will take the firmware to the version H63120b.
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for T-Mobile's HTC One (M8) has also begun on March 7. The update weighs 1.14GB and takes the software version 6.20.531.5.
Meanwhile, Verizon Wireless has also announced the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for its HTC One (M8). It said that the "software update has been tested to optimise device performance, resolve known issues, and apply the latest security patches."
Make sure that your handset has 50 percent or higher battery life, enough memory to accommodate the firmware and get connected to Wi-Fi before installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow via OTA on LG Stylo and HTC One (M8):
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow download notification will appear on the screen of your device
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to – 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update.'