Asus has kept its word and released the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to its devices in the second quarter of this year, which means it should happen by June. Asus ZenTalk has revealed the firmware update schedule for the Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL.
According to Asus ZenTalk, Android Marshmallow has been rolled out to Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL, taking the software version to 220.127.116.11. The update will remove ASUS Messenger, ASUS Mail and ASUS Calendar, and bring Google Messenger, Calendar, and Gmail.
The Taiwanese company had earlier released the Android Marshmallow update to the ZenFone 2 Laser ZE500KL and ZenFone 2 Laser ZE550KL. Other devices that are expected to get the firmware are the PadFone S (PF500KL), ZenFone 2 (ZE550ML, ZE551ML), ZenFone 2 Deluxe (ZE551ML), ZenFone 2 Deluxe Special Edition (ZE551ML), ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE500KG, ZE551KL, ZE600KL, ZE601KL), ZenFone Selfie (ZD551KL), and ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML).
The new operating system update will bring in several features like Doze, Now on Tap, Runtime Permissions and Google Now on Tap to the device.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow to your device:
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your phone screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to â€“ 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.